weep holes

1. K

Weep holes, mildew smell and fear...

Mildew smell in our master bath. Thought it was bath mats. It's not. Husband thought it was coming from outside the walk-in shower, possibly moisture under the LVP (maybe a leak from the shower); smell is far stronger from the weep hole directly on the other side, inside the shower. There's...
  2. Nick V.

Shower Drain Without Weep Holes

Hi, I plan to install a new tiled shower in a wood framed home, and want to use a linear floor drain in the shower stall. The shower won't have a traditional sloped mortar bed, but will instead have a pre-sloped floor that is covered with a water proofing membrane, and then have tile installed...
  3. Nate2

Can't Find Source of Shower Enclosure Leak

I have a builder-grade framed shower enclosure that is leaking water near bottom drywall and baseboard. Shower is 14 years old. I recapped suspected area on and around shower door and frames with clear silicone and then after drying 3 days water tested area and it did not leak. I thought I I...
  4. AngelM

Tile shower floor drain

Was removing grout around my shower floor to repair the grout, and found that there is about 3" of standing water under the tile. The water should be draining out of the drains weep holes, bit it doesn't appear to be draining (at least not very well...). I've been watching the water level for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks