water heater leak

1. Jeremy Porter

My meter runs ridiculously fast when my water heater breaker is on

My meter has been running faster than I have ever seen when I have the water heater breaker on, but slows way down when I shut it off? I took a video so you guys could see, https://youtube.com/shorts/7QTAyrFbJso?feature=share
  2. Alan M.

Can I ensure no leak in fitting before adding to system?

I am replacing an elbow fitting on the cold water side of my RVs aluminum hot water tank. First I replaced a plastic elbow with another plastic one, used RectorSeal pipe sealant, reconnected to pex piping and it leaks at the threads connection to the tank. Max psi is 55 in the line. Next I am...
  3. Viz

Leaking tank style gas water heater

Hi all, I've come across a leaking water heater and don't exactly know what to call the area it is leaking from. The leak is at the bottom near the air intake screen/filter. It looks like there is a metal bracket holding this assembly in place, and there is an opening in the bottom where this...
  4. Tom JZ

Safety question - should we turn gas off when water is shut off to tank?

Hello - thanks for reading. We are getting a new water heater on Monday. We have an old AO Smith FSG 40 242 gas 40-gallon model that has a small leak (a puddle appears if we're not drawing hot water, and dries up when we do draw hot water). A technician who came out today said there's no way to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks