thermal expansion tank

1. meeotch

Thermal expansion and water hammer arrestor - three questions

I just had my 40 gal water heater replaced. On its first heating cycle, the pressure release line squirted out 1-2 cups of water. I opened the manual, and on page 6 was a giant warning about thermal expansion tanks being required in the presence of a backflow preventer (which my building does...
  2. Dallin Lewis

Expansion Tank Installation--horizontal with flex pipes

I installed an A.O. Smith water heater with a friend (handier than me) a few weeks back. There's intermittent leaking at the T/P valve, and I'm confident that I need to install an expansion tank (the old heater had one, but it is not reusable). My question is whether I can work with the flex...
  3. Avgust

Thermal Expansion Tank question

Hi all, I recently moved into a new house (built in 2016). I found a thermal expansion tank in an attic space above the garage. The valve to the tank is closed (see pic below). Shouldn't it be open? Not sure if it matters, but the house has tankless gas heater. Thanks in advance! Alex
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks