sweating

1. Brian Kehlmeier

Long-term longevity of suspect sweat joints

I find sweating copper very easy to do, yet these large mass brass fittings always give me trouble. I used Oatey's No 9 tinned flux to sweat a shower valve and 3 of the 4 joints give me worry. I am not sure if the flux burns off, but I could see it bubble then stop. I don't recall much smoke...
  2. Alan

Adding a pressure gauge

I am installing a whole house water filter system and I am going to add 2 pressure gauges, one on the input and the other on the output side. The supply pipe is 1" copper and I have 2 - 1" x 1" x 1/2" tees to which I will sweat a 1/2" x 1/4" C x FIP Copper Female NPT Adapter to accommodate the...
  3. Deck House NIC

4 wall hung toilets with problems

Hi all Long post as I have 4 toilets. Apologies. We just moved in to a Deck House with 4 toilets. We have well water. All 4 toilets are American Standard wall mounts most likely original to the 1960's that are high water users and have long slow flushes. The only identifier F4049184 seems to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks