mold

1. Mark Ezrin

Mold Remediation

Hi, What are the recommended methods to stop mold ore get rid of it. (1) I had a couple of leaks in a few spots around the house - under a sink and also from a pipe in the storeroom. They weren't floods but because water did get into some places, I'd like to make sure I take appropriate steps...
  2. K.C.

Sump pump/basement mold

Hi all! I am not a professional. I work in an office building that has had mold problems in the past which resulted in coworkers becoming ill. There was testing done that confirmed mold present and recommended installing sump pumps and a dehumidifier in the basement. This is what it looks like...
  3. GardenRox

Where to Drill for Investigating Mold Smell? Sending up a Camera...

After putting holes in the bathroom wall and seeking to find a bad shower connection, I've concluded that it's not the bathroom. The smell pooling in the hallway is coming from inside or just outside the furnace closet. One day after years of logging in my calendar "Wet Mop Smell; no...
  4. clawbennett

Bathroom Exhaust Fans

I haven't been able to figure it out, so I figured I would ask here. Who do we call with regards to bathroom exhaust fans and their ducting? They are not pulling enough moisture out of the air in the bathrooms and attached bedrooms and we are getting condensation on the walls and windows in the...
  5. JLD1983

New shower pan / gut?

hi all - we discovered a leak in our shower stall. It left some staining on the ceiling below. Shower stall done about 15 years ago. After some investigation, it was determined it was likely the shower pan. Our tile guy just ripped open most of the first row of wall tiles and the shower stall...
  6. Fredalbee123

Bay Window, Rodents, and Mold

Hello all, I am in the process of finishing my basement. In a search of the forum, I found some other threads regarding bay window and insulating the joists below, but nothing that is directly applicable to my situation. Please reference photos and details below. I moved into the house 5...
  7. Deck House NIC

4 wall hung toilets with problems

Hi all Long post as I have 4 toilets. Apologies. We just moved in to a Deck House with 4 toilets. We have well water. All 4 toilets are American Standard wall mounts most likely original to the 1960's that are high water users and have long slow flushes. The only identifier F4049184 seems to...
  8. WolfB

Mold in wall - advice on cleaning

Howdy All, Remodeling the master bath and found some mold in a couple of the exterior wall cavities. Being that we live in northern WI, wondering what the best course of action is to clean it and prevent it from coming back? Old man winter doesn't want to give up and we are currently in the 20s...
  9. Catherine1997

Bathtub isn’t level, water pooling by wall?

Last year we had our bathroom remodeled, the bathtub was not installed level (lots of problems with the work by the people we hired). Is there anything we can do to stop the water from pooling in the corner against the wall? It’s a corner tub and the corner is the lowest point of the top of the...
  10. Plumbingdeptsup

Mold in basement cold room

Hi there, I rccently moved into a basement. The cold room which is located below the porch is finished (drywall, paint, baseboard, tile floor) and is used as a laundry room with the flooring being ceramic tile. Twice now, after doing a load of laundry I have noticed there is fuzzy green stuff...
  11. Plumbingdeptsup

Mold in cold room

Hi there, I rccently moved into a basement. The cold room which is located below the porch is finished (drywall, paint, baseboard, tile floor) and is used as a laundry room with the flooring being ceramic tile. Twice now, after doing a load of laundry I have noticed there is fuzzy green stuff...
  12. Cory I

Curb leaking and mold. What to do

I had cracked tiles in my alcove shower curb when I removed them there was rotting boards and mold that extends into the partial wall. Attached is the picture. My question is can I just removed and replace the front curb wood and remove the partial wall then add sliding doors or should I tear...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks