vent stack

1. M

Kitchen island sink drain into basement washing machine drain

Hi, First post on this forum. I am building a cottage with my dad and i have naively decided that this DIY project would include the plumbing... I am in Québec, Canada (sorry for my rusty english). My question is... I have a kitchen island sink on my first floor and I am wondering how to...
  2. F

Can Branch Vents Span Multiple Floors in Wisconsin?

I have an improperly drained kitchen sink and utility sink situation that I am cleaning up (including permits and inspections). I think that my question is specific to Wisconsin plumbing code. To the best of my knowledge, section 905.5 of the UPC explicitly allows a design like shown below...
  3. Davie

Switching to wall hanging toilet.

My old standard toilet was plumbed directly into my 4" cast iron soil stack, and I want to replace it with a hall hanging toilet. I've picked up a sigma duofix carrier for 2x4 walls from Geberit. The old toilet was wet vented. This is the only toilet in the house. It's is on the second floor...
  4. Vci15

Installing New Kohler Bathtub, Vertical Pipe (Vent Stack?) in the Way

My bathroom (house built in 2002) is on the top floor of the home (3 floors) and I was able to remove the existing bathtub and now I'm preparing to put in the Kohler Underscore 60x30 bathtub Of course with my luck there seems to be a problem. There is a black pipe (vent stack?) that is going...
  5. ChrisBuzzard

Vent stack venting through roof of 1st floor dormer

Hello, if someone could answer a question for me I would really appreciate it. We are building an a-frame house that has a dormer off to one side with a shower and sauna in it. It would simplify things greatly if I could run the vent stack for all the 1st floor plumbing through this dormer roof...
  6. Krikkitdidit

Can y'all help fix stupid?

I apologize in advance for my: babbling, crappy pix, complete lack of correct terminology and inability to comprehend basic plumbing principles!!! I will NEVER apologize for my independence, refusal to be ripped off ever again, or for the fact that I TRIED and sometimes I even sorta succeeded! I...
  7. Devinc

Consolidating Plumbing Vents in Attic

We currently have five plumbing vents through our roof. There are two 2" vents (toilets) and three 1.5" vents (sinks/tubs, washing machine). Before putting on a new roof I want to consolidate them all into one new 4" vent. The two existing 2" vents are furthest away from the new 4" vent, and...
  8. Needlotsofhelp

Draining Water Softener Into Clean-out does it need Venting

After scouring the forum pages and reading all the great advice, I had my water softening company set up a stand pipe that drains into the clean out. The clean out is for a bathroom on the other side of the wall. It was the only option we had. Now I’m wondering if they were also supposed to put...
  9. Seneca Lake Monster

Improper Venting of Laundry Tray/Sump Pump System & Misc

Greetings, Firstly I appreciate any and all professional advice that anyone here can provide. I read another thread on a similar topic a few weeks ago, and the original poster seemed to sustain an adversarial posture despite (and in spite of) the sound recommendations of the professionals on...
  10. bimplumbing

Hi-Rise Soil Stack & Venting of lowest floor

Hi Everyone. First time caller, long time listener! I've searched and haven't found a thread that answered this question: Bldg dept. is prohibiting us from connecting the lowest bathroom's local vent to the vent stack on that level, instead they need us to connect to the local vent or vent stack...
  11. Soparklion

POLL: What is this pipe under my slab?

House ~1945, full basement and 2 stories. I am replacing a section of cast iron pipe (long story). The waste pipe descends from the 2nd floor to 1st floor (no connections) to the basement in the far left corner in the photo, which is no the corner of the house. In the photo, there is a wye...
  12. MARKJD

Wet Vent Re-location Help.

First time posting here, so please bare with me. I am looking for advice on how to vent my upstairs bathroom that we're in the process of remodeling. The original venting design utilized a 1.5" drain from the lav as a wet vent. (pic. original plumbing 1) In this remodel we will be adding...
  13. Michal kr

Using vent stack as sewage drain

Hey guys, I’m building an extension at the back of my house, where I want to add a toilet. There is no sewage pipe there, however there’s a 4 inch PVC vent stack, going from the building drain directly to the roof, with nothing else connected to it. Is it possible to plug into the vent and use...
  14. mrrauch

Updating 1920s cast iron plumbing in new bathroom layout

Hi all, I've learned so much by reading all the comments on this forum, but this is the first time posting a problem of my own! Looking forward to hearing some feedback, if you all have time during these crazy weeks! I'm remodeling my second floor bathroom (under NYC Plumbing Code, 2014 - ie...
  15. ZPB

Push Vent Stack Back

Hi, this is what I just found behind a wall in my master bath. I am totally gutting this room, and am wondering if I can bump my main vent stack back about a foot to take advantage of all this wasted space in the wall behind it; I will be removing the small wall on the right of this picture for...
  16. JGus

Drain line / vent question for new sink renovation

I'm doing a renovation and I'm installing a new sink. For some reason I can't wrap my head around how to properly vent the drain. I ripped open the wall behind the toilet and found two pipes, one I'm assuming is the toilet drain and the other, the vent. Which pipe do I drain the sink into? A...
  17. Andy1606

Main floor toilet connection to main vent stack

We have replaced our main sewer line out to the street and are in the process of installing new plumbing to the 1st and 2nd floor bathrooms. The 1st and 2nd floor toilets are directly above one another and previously they both drain into the main vent stack which is directly behind them. The...
  18. franksr27

Waste Line layout for bath Addition. Please help!

Hi Guys, I am planning on adding an addition bath/bedroom. The concrete guys need to know where I want the trench for the plumbing do be dug. Attached is a picture of existing house and proposed addition. the proposed plumbing waste lines are in orange. Could someone with experience please...
  19. Mjchevalier

Sewer gas smell in bathroom is a mystery?

I own a 2 story townhome on a slab with no basement. Our downstairs bathroom has had a sewer smell develop in it and I also noticed the toilet was rocking side to side. I pulled it off to find a broken pvc closet flange. Replaced the flange and set it back on with a new thick wax ring with no...
  20. Ryanfornkohl

Connecting Cast Iron to PVC w/ Mission Band

Hello, me again....so I have replaced my old cast iron soil stack w/ PVC. The cast iron OD was 4 - 1/8" so I took Terry's advice and bought a Copper to Cast Mission Band. The problem that I am having is in order to get the PVC pipe that is inserted in the San-Tee below to fit under the 4" cast...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks