shallow

1. Jason Vogt

Is a shallow sewer line grandfathered in for a remodel in Ca.?

Hello, new to the forum. Have gone through the permitting process and have started demo on a 38' by 34' RV garage in the back yard to convert to an ADU with a kitchen and relocated bath room, built and permitted with the house in 1983. Had the plumber come out yesterday for the new plumbing for...
  2. livingend

Old well, should the water be so low?

I'm about to close on a piece of property that has an old well on it. The well head is 6 7/8" on the outside. I'm hoping to install a DIY pump jack/piston pump to move water for gardening and during construction (maybe an off-grid back up). I dropped a plumb bob down the well and hit water at...
  3. redwire

Serious back pressure to the well

Ok, I Live in Florida. The pump is in a shed. I have lots of pressure before check valve at the well. It will blast water at the connector (see picture). Only laymen's knowledge here, shouldn't all the pressure be after the pump not before? There is no pump in the well. Any help is appreciated. Dry
  4. jbeuoy

Rough-in toilet shallowest possible way

I'm installing a new bathroom in basement with a lift station. The top of the inlet on the station is about nine inches below the top of the basin. I'm running a drain from the toilet over to it from about ten feet away. So, I have to plumb the toilet that allows it to be correctly vented and...
  5. ClevelandITGuy

New Home and Confused About Point Well (?)

Hi all, we recently bought a new house and after moving in I noticed a spigot in the back yard but no water was flowing to it. After talking to a neighbor, they said the previous owner used to have a pump attached to it and watered his lawn with it and said he thinks it’s a point well...
  6. Tim69

Shallow Water Well overflowing?

I am purchasing a new home and found this concern. In the front yard is the 24"Diameter well casing about foot tall. Has a cement 80lb cement lid. Water is flowing over the edge as seen in photo. This appears to have been flowing for many years. Algae has formed on side of well in the flowing...
  7. jimheem

Old style well not pressurizing, trouble getting water

So let me start from the beginning and get out everything I can tell you about this. Sorry if it gets long but I want to be complete as possible. So I have a 200 year old house. The well is probably nearly as old, hand dug, and rock lined. I wish I could tell you exactly how deep it is, and I...
  8. Klon Solo

New to Forum

Hi guys, Wish I found this forum a while ago. Not only could I have used some help installing my Bison pump, but I also have solar and geothermal. Nevertheless, we are moving and I have posted the shallow well Bison 2-piece hand pump for sale on eBay - it is new and unused, since I couldn't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks