reverse osmosis

1. L

Integrating a Flush Valve and Permeate Pump into APEC RO System for Enhanced Efficiency

I've recently installed an APEC RO system and am in the process of adding a few key components for improved efficiency and maintenance. I'd appreciate your insights on the following: 1. Leak Detector Integration: I've added a leak detector to the system. While it's a straightforward addition...
  2. L

RO Auto-shutoff Valve with Widest Range

Does anyone know of an automatic shutoff valve (ASV) for RO with a wide separation between ON and OFF pressures? The widest-range valve I find is the Hydronamic ASV-ERP, which closes at 90% of line pressure (and opens at 70%, anecdotally, because no specs). The 90% is ok, but I'm looking for...
  3. Smodderman

Reverse Osmosis waste water expected flow

Good day, I have been trying to troubleshoot my RO system. I had an under the sink PUR RO system for about 3 months until it stopped producing water. the waste water runs all day and night yet nothing ends up in the tank. I tried replacing the RO membrane (High TDS water, maybe it failed early)...
  4. Azmizryk

Reverse Osmosis Water Flow Control Valve

Hello, I am new on this site. I have a problem with my RO system. My ground water tds is 1800 and I get 50 tds from membrane product line. I used tds mixture valve to increase some tds like 150 to 200. The problem is that I tried many tds controller valves but all are closed after some use. I...
  5. OurlittleFarm

Looking for Input on water strategy

Hey all, thanks for such a cool forum, and extra thanks for taking a look at my question! I have got a well in the Cleveland Area in a house we just purchased. Some facts: * We have 4 little girls, and 6 of us total * The previous owner ran a well drilling company, and died about a decade...
  6. Joespo

Reverse Osmosis Drain Valve - Best Location in Single Drain Sink?

My sink only has one drain that connects directly to the garbage disposal, and the Reverse Osmosis drain valve installation doesn't have any recommendations for this setup. Would the circled area (just before the Redi-Vent but after the P-trap) be the best place to install the RO drain valve...
  7. Dgold

Should RO receive hard water or softened water?

Hi, I'm building a new home in Phoenix, AZ, and I was checking out the plumbing rough in, and noticed something that struck me as odd: I have a softener loop installed, but at the service entrance to the home, there's a bypass. I would expect the bypass to send (hard) water to the outdoor hose...
  8. Jmac14

Water Softener/Whole Home RO

Biggest of the questions I currently have: Would a water softener be able to actually reduce hardness if my natural sodium level is 350 mg/L or would it just be constantly regenerating? The Story: My wife and I just closed on our first home two weeks ago. This is the first time I have...
  9. gt213

Installing RO System help

I'm in the process of installing an RO system and have a question about where the hole and drain saddle should go. I've already drilled the hole of the drain saddle (you can see where in the attached picture, on the vertical plastic pipe coming down from the sink). When i drilled the hole some...
  10. TinTweak

Looking for advice on choosing and installing a water softener

Hello, I am new to this forum and looking for some advice on choosing and installing a water softener; as well as a carbon filter for chlorine and a RO system sometime down the line. Let me apologize in advance for my lack of understanding in the subject and say that I greatly appreciate any...
  11. lepa71

Reverse Osmosis system recommedation

Hi All I have an old Microline TFC 45 4 stage system with 45 GPD for the last 19 years. I'm on city water that is not so good and I already have a good water softener. Most of the quick-connect fitting now leaking and need new filters. So I was thinking I would just get a new system. There are...
  12. Kevin_IL

Reverse Osmosis Draining Hookup

We recently got an R/O system and wanted it in the basement since we dont have room under our sink for it. It's close to the fridge just upstairs. The problem is we don't have a place to drain. The only drain pipe nearby is the main drain for the house to the city hookup. As a temp solution we...
  13. Dave25

Help with RO water installation?

Hello there I just purchased an RO water filtration system for my kitchen sink. I think I have the whole thing figured out but I'm having trouble trying to connect a drain line because I live in an apartment and I would prefer to not drill a hole in the main drain pipe. Here's a photo...
  14. Brenton

Gurgling RO countertop system

I recently moved into a new house and reinstalled there the reverse osmosis kitchen countertop system I have (Aquasana's OptimH2o Reverse Osmosis + Claryum Under Counter). Whenever it recharges/refills it makes a very loud gurgling sound. Another (perhaps related) problem is that the water flow...
  15. Srqlady

Advice Needed for Whole House Water Filtration/RO system

Hi, I would really appreciate expert opinion regarding a whole house water filtration/RO system that will meet my needs. I live by myself in a one story, 2 1/2 bath home connected to County water. Bathrooms and washing machines are used quite frequently. The County's water quality...
  16. Martin1b

RO regenerating frequently

I have an RO where I replaced the filters about 6 months ago. Many times I go by the sink, I hear water flowing in the drain, sounding like it's regenerating. The RO is 12 years old but has done really well until now. I almost positive I got it back together correctly after installing the...
  17. Goldenrule

What amount of silica requires treatment in well water?

Hi there. We are building a house in the Pacific NW and will be on well water. Our well was drilled 2 years ago, and we recently had comprehensive water tests done. We can't seem to get any straight answers on when silica becomes problematic, i.e. etching glass, fixtures, etc. I know a...
  18. Jag_Man653

Residential RO system comparisons

We've had an EverPure system in the kitchen for many years, and more recently a Watts system feeding bathrooms and refrigerator icemaker. Both have served well. Current issue is the EverPure cartridges are no longer sold in CA and certain other states because EverPure has chosen not to go...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks