water treatment

1. Lexd

Help with troubleshooting green water stain

We’re trying to figure out a plumbing/water treatment issue and I was hoping the experts here could help point us in the right direction. We’ve talked to some local plumbers and water treatment companies but none so far have given us confidence that they are familiar with this issue. We’re...
  2. S

Help please! Chlorination system is busted, have bacteria/unsafe well water, looking for replacement solutions.

Hi All, I'm new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it or let me know! To start off, my home has/had an older chlorination system consisting of a pump, tank for the chlorine/water mix, 120 gal retention tank and a whole house carbon filter. The system was...
  3. Scott Baxla

Water treatment system for open tank feed into pressure system.

I’m needing to treat the water from my well and looking for advice on how to do that. This is a little long winded: I’m attempting to present as clear of a picture as I can from my novice experience level. I’m wanting to use the well in a “temporary” water supply system. I need to pump from...
  4. Mike Water

Water treatment issues - Iron removal using Greensand, Carbon and Ion Resin

Would very much appreciate some feedback on some well water treatment issues. We have a whole home treatment system consisting of 1) small plastic sediment filter 2) large standing stainless filter containing both activated carbon (top) combined with Manganese Greensand (bottom) in one unit 3)...
  5. PEW

Neutralizer bed turned to rock

Have been using the neutralizer for over 30 years, never a problem. When the bed gets low (calcite), would clean it out and refill. This time, found my ph low so opened it up only to find it hard as a rock. Current bed has been there for probably close to 8 years. The unit is plumbed to...
  6. Goldenrule

What amount of silica requires treatment in well water?

Hi there. We are building a house in the Pacific NW and will be on well water. Our well was drilled 2 years ago, and we recently had comprehensive water tests done. We can't seem to get any straight answers on when silica becomes problematic, i.e. etching glass, fixtures, etc. I know a...
  7. 22bfan

Water Treatment Advice Needed (See test results inside)

I recently had my well water tested by a reliable local lab not associated with any water treatment companies. The test sample is from a water source after my pressure tank but before my existing water treatment equipment. The results are as follows (Can any of you guys make sense of this?)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks