switch

1. DIYJoe59

Outlet for garbage disposal has power but switch won't turn it off

My installed disposal stopped working. I unplugged it and plugged it back into the outlet (top one) that is wired for it, and it worked but then the switch (which is above the counter) didn't turn it off. I'd reset the unit and the circuit breakers. Tried again to unplug and plug it in--same...
  2. Vikram Desikan

What breaks first when pumps short cycle/run often?

I have a perfectly well functioning sump pump setup which had kept my basement dry... except this one time when my primary pump failed (& secondary was unplugged by a contractor working on a job!). This pump that failed was a zoeller M98, which was probably not more than a year old. This got me...
  3. Chad M.

Pressure Switch Cycles

I kept hearing the click of the switch every minute or so. I watched it for awhile and found it would switch on at 41 and off (arcs sometimes) at 60 (30 seconds). It loses pressure (takes a minute) until it switches on again. This goes on and on and on. There is no water running from any...
  4. diygiy

Tracking power feed short to switch

120v household line. Feed line suddenly lost power. Tenant reports no heavy usage at the time - says she just finished a shower so possible condensation/steam issue caused the short. one gfci in bathroom works fine, no load on gfci just a direct 12-3 yellow feed line into gfci no load out...
  5. Killacam311

Wiring bathroom fan switch

Okay, first off I should have taken a picture of the old fan setup, but I'm an idiot and I didn't . I'm trying to wire a new bathroom fan. The bathroom has two switches, one goes to the vanity light and bathroom fan light. The other runs the bathroom fan. The bathroom fan will NOT work unless...
  6. crtbilly

Pump Sizing suggestions

Hello Everyone, Long time reader first time poster. Current setup from the information I could piece together from well report and last pump supplier. Well drilled YR: 1994 Well casing diam: 6" Well depth: 300' Water level from surface: 54' Pump depth: 200' Current pump: sta-rite 3/4 H.P...
  7. chipdouglas

Well system not reaching set pressure after water use.

Hey folks, long time (8 years) well owner, first time trying to figure this issue out. First off, I am not too sure about specifics about my well, so please bear with me. My well is several hundred feet deep, and when used heavily for a day (multiple loads of laundry, showers, etc) it will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks