foundation

1. Shrekpower

Help... Sewer pipe extension... (through concrete)

Good day everyone, I'd like to extend my sewer line to my new garage in the back of my house. I'm about to do the plumbing and drill a core hole in the foundation wall and I was wondering what would be the "best" way to connect everything so i don't screw this up. By looking at the pictures...
  2. nabbasza

Advice on routing new sewer pipe through garage

I recently purchased a house built in the 1940s with some side sewer issues. Rather than digging in a couple spots at the back of the house to reline the problem segment and continue using the existing side sewer to the street, one bidder (which comes well recommended and reviewed) advised...
  3. Steven Whitehead

Building Drain through foundation wall or under footing?

Hi, I'm a plumbing newbie/DIYer and I could use some help. I'm designing a small house for my Dad in Idaho and I'm trying to sort of the plumbing details. The house will be placed on a gradual hillside, has a full (walk-out) basement, a main floor and an liveable attic. From a plumbing...
  4. Arfeller

Moving sanitary sewer main during house remodel

I am remodeling an older home that is currently on post and pillar construction. I will be pouring a footing around the perimeter to add a foundation. I am also going to square up the house and get rid of all the current jogs in the exterior walls. The main sanitary sewer pipe is fairly...
  5. dsmith060

Basement: how to best insulate rim joists over air gap?

Hi all, I've been researching across this and other forums for several days now, and while I've found the occasional situation that is similar, nothing seems to provide a clear answer on how to handle this. I'm beginning work on finishing my basement (poured concrete, house built 2011), and...
  6. sepptorr

Foundation Leak

I have a foundation leak and believe it is the hot water side. I noticed that in the entry way that there is a hot spot on the tile (about 2 feet long). I used a thermal imager to verify this fact. I have the shower wall open currently and used a mechanics stethoscope to hear a leak. Tonight I...
  7. Stacy Taylor

Replacing Washing Machine Drain Pipe Under Slab

So I've done a ton of home remodeling over the last 20 years. I've done enough plumbing to feel at least somewhat confident to think about taking on this task but thought it best to ask a few questions first. The drain from the washing machine to the main line is constantly getting clogged...
  8. John in GA

Need to plug open pipe sleeve in foundation

I recently purchased a home and noticed that there is an open 2" pipe sleeve running through the foundation wall. Apparently, the builder was going to run the water main through the front of the house and later decided to run it in through the back. This section of pipe is below grade on the...
  9. cx222

Copper pipe through concrete foundation

I am planning out an underground sprinkler system and need to bore a hole through a concrete foundation wall to bring 3/4" copper pipe through. The point where the pipe will come through is above grade, and in a northern/freezing climate. The concrete foundation is roughly 90 years old. I've...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks