circulator

1. Home CA

Water hammer caused by hot water circulator pump sensor valve

Just wanted to post a note for someone who might run into this in the future. I have a Watts hot water circulating pump, this guy: https://www.amazon.com/Watts-500800-Instant-Recirculating-Install/dp/B000E78XHG The thermocouple/sensor valve is installed at nearly the furthest point on one end...
  2. Tangent

Is my Taco circulator pump working?

There is a Taco 007-F5 circulator pump on my Utica boiler, and I can't tell if it's working properly. I get heat to the upstairs zone okay, but no heat for the downstairs zone. I tested that the zone valves work -- I can feel there is hot water on both sides of each zone valve. If the circ pump...
  3. Teratini

Help with circulator / parts for indirect water heater loop

I'd like to validate the parts selection for a DHW heating loop that we're adding to the radiant system. The radiant system has worked well for the past dozen years. It uses a differential pressure bypass to maintain flow instead of primary secondary piping. I'd prefer to minimize changes, so...
  4. Mark Wilson

Loud Screeching Noise when Furnace Turns On

Hi everybody. I'm not a plumber but have fixed some plumbing issues in the past. I'd like some advice to see if I can fix this issue myself. I have a Weil McLaine CGM-4 (https://www.weil-mclain.com/sites/default/files/field-file/cgm-series-10-manual_1.pdf). When the thermostat kicks on, some of...
  5. AD7

Relocation Expansion Tank - Hydronic Heating

Hello Everyone, I work for an energy efficiency retrofit company and have a project that uses hydronic heating system with 5 zones. The zones have circulators (dry rotor) on the return side of the boiler, and the it was designed (ages back) this way to allow the pumps to operate with cooler...
  6. YamiLionheart

Circulator Pump Noise - See Video

Hey all, first time poster here and relative newbie when it comes to boilers. I've replaced a zone valve head on my own before so not completely in the dark. My issue is with a taco circulator Pump that is making noise. Seems to only make the noise when the upstairs zone (zone 2) is not calling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks