prv

1. Pilotdog68

Water pressure at 80-85psi, do I need a PRV?

My water softener got fried (because of a dumb mistake) and before putting in a new one I decided to install a whole house filter and bypass loop to tame the chlorine. Part of that loop includes some pressure gauges and I found that our pressure is pretty steadily 80-85psi on city water. I...
  2. Kiksbutt

Is my Pressure Regulating Valve bad?

I checked my spigot outside with a pressure guage and it's showing a little under 100 PSI. The only symptom I'm noticing is some wooshing sound in lower level, basement, copper pipes when a toilet is flushed or water is running for long period. It's been like that since we moved into this house...
  3. Alan

Apollo Pressure Reducing Valve repair kit

I have an Apolo 36ELF12601S 1-1/4" pressure relief valve that is leaking about 4 gallons per day at the adjustment bolt. I contacted Apollo and they said the repair kit part number is W261805. Non of the supply houses I have called have this, does anyone know where to find one? Also, what tool...
  4. Greg814

Installing new PRV valve

So I'm installing a new prv valve. My old one had failed and I had no flow. What would be the best way to attach the prv to pvc since it has metal threads. I've read where its best to try and avoid plastic to metal threads. I'm just a diy'er. Also where would be the best place to install a ball...
  5. Bob123456

Water hammer problems whole house.

Hi Everyone I had a water filtration system installed by a professional company recently and am experiencing water hammer throughout the house. It is most noticeable in my main floor powder room that has a new toilet. After the toilet is flushed a random series of bangs and (water hammer)...
  6. Vinny

Boiler question.

hello everyone. I’m a plumber for many years but mostly work in new construction projects. My hot water boiler safety relief valve was leaking. I noticed it stopped leaking and the pressure dropped to 5 PSI. I opened the pressure reducing valve and it brought the pressure way past 30 and was...
  7. beolson25

Pressure Reducing Valve Question - and maybe more

All, This group has been helpful over the past month or so and I appreciate it. Let me briefly explain my situation and then pose the question. My home my was built March of 2019. In my main line to my home's water supply there is a PRV-->backflow preventer-->catalytic carbon backwashing...
  8. traut27

Pipes hammer/squealing while water is running

Water pressure in my home was at 120 psi. I replaced the existing PRV with a new one and my water pressure is currently 45 psi. Now when I run water I get a loud hammering/squealing noise from the pipes while the water is running but it doesn't happen all the time. The most consistent way to see...
  9. Dennis-in-Georgia

High static pressure, Low flow and low running pressure

Hi, I recently purchased an older home (1974) that is on county water. Since moving in, we have had fairly low pressure when using any faucet or toilet. When showering and a toilet is flushed, the pressure/flow drops to near nothing. I didn't think much of it but finally got a gauge and checked...
  10. Jadnashua

Why you should have an expansion tank in your home

Basic facts... - water expands when it is heated; pipes don't (much). - Plumbing in your home is designed for a maximum of 80psi continuous...more is not good for things like washing machine hoses, or actually any hoses to things like faucets, ice makers, toilets, or the seals for your...
  11. catchlizzy

Replace PRV Gate Valve in Ground

Hello everyone! I need some advice to replace a working PRV (identical unit but lead-free PRV) and gate valve with ball valve for my main water line. I want to replace all components to lead free and make them easily replaceable. My intention is to make future maintenance/replacement as...
  12. Tintin

Remove PRV and Connect Straight Pipe

I have PRV that was installed, but is unnecessary and I need to take it out and connect my shutoff to PEX. The water pressure from the street was at 52 psi and it was installed anyway making my system closed. I want remove the PRV and open the system back up. My question is, how is this PRV...
  13. Danester

High initial pressure that tapers off after 10-20 seconds

I did a quick forum search and I'm not sure I have the same issues others have had with needing to install expansion tanks. When I turn on either hot or cold (or mixed) the initial pressure is somewhere around 150psi (confirmed with a gauge at the hose outside). Then after 10-20 seconds or so...
  14. ACaland

New Hot Water Heater Or Prv Valve Issue

I recently had a new gas hot water heater (apparently the dreaded flame-lock whirlpool) installed with a new thermal expansion tank. On hot-water demand once the gas flame starts the heater makes a popping sound followed by tuning fork ringing sound. After about 10 seconds all sounds from the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks