cleanout

1. Stereo

Code interpretation - Change of direction

The 2018 IPC Section 708.1.4 states, in part, that when a 2" horizontal drainage pipe has a change of direction greater than 45 degrees, a cleanout is required. If I make a 90-degree turn using two 45's, do I still need a cleanout? The distance between the 45-degree fittings would only be about...
  2. C

Basement wet bar drain options.

Total amateur plumber here and I'm looking to make sure I have all my bases covered before drywall goes in. The space where the photo is taken will not be finished for some time, if ever, but I want to make sure I'm on the right track before I finish the drywall in the other room where the wet...
  3. Swamp Dood

Cleanout on Ejector pump line?

Scenario - New construction 15o feet of 2" pipe connected to the output of a Sewage Ejector System (41 gal) with a 1/2 HP pump. Output is connected to backflow preventer valve and a union connector. Septic system pipe front end - where I am connecting - is 3 feet below the height of the ejector...
  4. ElectroDan

Bathroom addition on slab design

I am designing a bathroom to add to a workshop. I'm wondering if I have any mistakes in the design? I did a bathroom addition in the house a few years ago (learned a lot), but still a DIYer. The addition will extend the slab and the sewer lines will be under the slab. The 1" water line and 4"...
  5. Katehis24

Basement Plumbing Layout (New York Code)

Hey guys, I'm redoing the plumbing in the basement bathroom since it was never vented properly. I cut all the existing pipes out. I re-connected a new 3-inch pvc into the existing 3 in pvc that led to the stack that goes to the street. I would like to know if everything is up to code for NY...
  6. Brian80

Cleanout location in basement bathroom

Hi, I'm planning to renovate a bathroom in the basement. I found this video which explains the exact DWV layout I need, but the only problem is that my bathroom is on a concrete slab so the cleanout location in the diagram won't work. My cleanout obviously needs to be above the slab, but I'm not...
  7. Brendan Poirier

Tying into existing plumbing for basement bathroom

Hi, I am new to the forum here. Sorry if my question may sound stupid I am just looking for options. I will be looking to put a bathroom in my basement and will have to install a sewage pump. I am trying to figure out the best way to tie into my existing plumbing. My basement has since been...
  8. Joey Leavitt

Cleanout Behind Proposed Shower

I am finishing my basement and I have an issue with one cleanout. The cleanout is just above the basement slab. It is a 2" drain pipe from the washer/floor drain on the second floor. It transitions to 3" for the cleanout and UG. The problem that I have is very limited space to accomplish the...
  9. Sacman

Drain question and whole house filter questions

Need help in figuring out a drain for a water softener that I would like to have a plumber install in a new home being built. I have a loop for a water filter (along with a 20amp electrical) that will be installed. The whole house water filter is a Aquasana (model EQ-AST-WH) that I chose just...
  10. dwilson

90 degree turn near house, location of cleanout

Hi everyone, I'm trying to decide where to put a sewage cleanout at the exterior of a house (my house). The tricky thing is there's a 90 degree turn around 10 feet from where the pipe (4" PVC) exits the slab. Beyond the 90 degree there's another cleanout around 30 feet away. As I see it...
  11. Itallia

Advice on plumbing for new free-standing tub

Hey all, remodeling my master bath (3rd floor), replacing the old acrylic shower/tub unit with a clawfoot tub. Want to make sure I'm doing the plumbing correctly. This is a picture of the actual space with overlay of the plan. Tub outline (roughly) in black. Plumbing pipes in white, yellow for...
  12. Steven Wojcio

Shortening my cleanout by about 3 feet

Hey everyone! First time posting here. Apologies if this is a dumb question. I've attached two pictures of what I'm pretty sure is my sewer cleanout in my backyard. I'm planning on putting up a retaining wall that will put the cleanout on the second tier of my yard. My plan is to just shorten...
  13. Occidental

Help Needed Identifying Strange Sewer Cleanout (?)

Greetings from Oregon! I could use some help and I think this is the right place. I noticed what appeared to be a cleanout of some sort while we were clearing an area for a garden at my home. In the process of digging I managed to clobber it with the mattock so I decided to dig out the line...
  14. kirm

Cast at a slight angle coming into the house

ETA: It is 4 inch coming into the house and at the T goes to 3" up the main. I'm replacing the CI cleanout in my house and after much jackhammering and digging I find this: I've attached a drawing. I'm wondering if the ABS with Ferncos I'm using will adjust for the angles? They sure didn't...
  15. Willyg76

3" Cleanout Plug Won't Screw On

I have a 3" cleanout plug outside that will no longer screw into the cleanout pipe. The cleanout pipe and plug are not PVC. Some sort of galvanized metal? My house was built in the 40's. In any case, I went to Lowes and bought a 3" PVC Cleanout Plug. When I got home, I tried to screw it on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks