cast

1. J

DWV Design - Replacing Double San Tee w/ Inlet between Toilets

Hello everyone! I have a home I purchased this year that has had some opportunity in the work done on it by the previous owner. Florida block home built in the 60s that most of the cast iron drains have been replaced in but still a bit lingering around in places. The toilets in the hall bath...
  2. JoeV

Just installed cast iron shower drain is already rusting

We just got our bathroom remodeled and I noticed that the new cast iron shower drain already started to rust, and nobody used the shower yet, except for the plumber who installed the faucet. Should we be concerned, and is there anything we could do to prevent the rust to spread?
  3. kirm

Cast at a slight angle coming into the house

ETA: It is 4 inch coming into the house and at the T goes to 3" up the main. I'm replacing the CI cleanout in my house and after much jackhammering and digging I find this: I've attached a drawing. I'm wondering if the ABS with Ferncos I'm using will adjust for the angles? They sure didn't...
  4. Plumber?Ijustmether!

Terminology long sweep tee-wye versus combo

Hello , I'm trying to get to the bottom of what appears to be an elusive subject on code compliance and industry jargon. Specifically, I want to know what Nibco cast DWV Tee-Wye fitting(s) (if any) will satisfy the code requirements wherever a "Tee-Wye fitting with an eight-bend, or combo...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks