water well

1. Ken_Thomas

Water Well Pump Not Working

We need a Christmas miracle. I could really use some recommendations on troubleshooting my well pump in the Texas Hill Country (Boerne, TX). Tomorrow is Christmas, and our water cistern is almost out of water. Here is an overview of my setup: - Approx. 1100 foot water well (I live on a hill...
  2. Suceress

Need help choosing new float/switch method for cistern

I have an antiquated well system with an odd set up. I have a PVC pipe that goes in to the ground (not sure how deep). Attached to that pipe is a 2-wheeled air compressor pump. Specs on the motor say it is 1HP, 12.2/6.0-6.1A, 115/208-230V. (so we have horse power, amperage, and voltage). The...
  3. NotACarpenter

Unusual Well and Pitless Adapter

Went to pull a well this morning and found a setup I have not encountered before, we are unsure how to hook on to the pitless to pull the drop pipe. From what I've researched, it appears to be a "crow's foot" (?) adapter with a release lever opposite of the pitless. Should there be a cable or...
  4. Larry Jones

Shallow Well help

I recently hand dug a shallow well to 25 feet. I initially wanted to install just a hand pump to water my garden. It worked great, however our garden has gotten big enough now the hand pump takes way to long to water the garden. The casing on the well is 1 3/4", and I can not find a pump the...
  5. WilliamWWhitworth

Well continues to fail - Control Box?

We've lived on our property for about 4 years now. The well setup is weird and I didn't mess with it the first couple years until a pressure switch failed. The way they wired the pressure switch to the control box is this: They ran one leg of the 220V straight to the L1 of the control box, the...
  6. JTinKS

Water pressure issues

My wife and I purchased a home in rural KS in 2018 we noticed very quickly that if we were running the washer or dishwasher that there was almost no water pressure to any faucets or showers. Fast forward to now Jan. of 2020 we are remodeling the entire house and wanted to see what we could do to...
  7. Alice businelle

Jet pump Water well wont pressure up

Hey guys, glad I found this forum. The only problem is when I search the problem I am having, the other posts will be slightly different bc building presure is the only problem.... like the posts I find are people whose pump was working fine and then started losing pressure, or not reaching the...
  8. heffners

Bought house with water well

Hello I bought a house with a water well its a deep water well with a submersible pump all was good for 10 years but the other day went to take a shower and had no water. I went to basement tripped the pressure cut off switch water would come on for about 30 seconds to a minute. I thought it was...
  9. Bluetera

Can this well be used to supply water to a house?

Hi! I just posted a video on Youtube of a well that we have on our land in Pinnacle, NC and am trying to figure out if it is something we could use to supply water to a home or if it is only good for irrigation. If you get a second and don't mind, let me know if you have any ideas/opinions...
  10. Ray Skaines

Revive an old water well...need help

I am in need of some expert advice. I have an old water well I want to primarily use to only water my garden. The well was drilled around the 40’s and has a 2” galvanized pipe that is 8” above ground. Record shows it was drilled at 225’ deep. The water level is 9’ deep below ground. Last...
  11. theefixrr

Well depth

I have a water well that goes about 550 foot. You hit water at about 20 foot, one joint. When I pulled the pump 1.5 hp three wire 230 volt, it is 100 foot down. Wondering if it is needed to be that deep? Hate to put that deep if not needed. Love to take a couple of joints off it. Not sure how...
  12. Chris Scott

Starter cap keeps blowing

For some reason; I have been in a battle with my well blowing the starter caps. Within 4 months now; This will be the 5th time and I just had a new pump put in about a week ago (take that back,,less than a week). I’m not sure of what kind they went back in with as to they left the old tags...
  13. BatesOKC

What should I be hearing & how often from my well?

We moved into a home on a water well a couple of years ago. I have very little experience with these (as in zero). The other day I was messing around the well in the front yard and realized I could hear some mechanical noise coming from it. Nothing real loud, and you have to be within a foot or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks