plumbing

1. H

Laundry plumbing

I found this done. I thought sinks could not enter below the laundry in the stack? Also, couldnt you use a double sanitee and eliminate the sink revent altogether? I’m sure this is an easy question for the plumbers. But I can’t seem to find these answers anywhere. I’m getting ready to put in a...
  2. C

Deep Well Submersed Pump cycles 30 sec on/2 min off (240v on pump throughout cycle) repeating until pressure switch limit (60psi) is reached

When pressure switch demands water, deep well turns on, runs for 30 seconds and turns off for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes. It repeats this cycle several times until water pressure reaches the shutoff limit (60 psi). 240v pressure switch is closed throughout this cycle (never opening) and 240v is going...
  3. Brian Kehlmeier

How to fix lack of shower drop ear?

All the planning in the world, and somehow my DIY decision making went awry. Instead of using a drop ear that would allow me to screw in a shower arm, I simply stubbed out the 1/2" copper with an elbow, while securing the pipe to a cross backer board below. Do I need to cut out the drywall or...
  4. J

My pfister shower won’t turn off

Hi I have an older pfister shower model and when I went to pull on the temp adjustment to turn on the shower it turned on like normal but the nob refuse to push back in I could really use some advice on how to fix this if anybody knows how. It won’t let me add any pictures
  5. J

pipe water main

Hello everyone! I have no professional plumbing experience, I'm just a diy kinda guy. the white pipes/ tubes are for a sprinkler system. The valve there that is taped off with black tape was used to turn on the sprinklers to water the front lawn. The lawn has been removed and the sprinkler...
  6. N

American Standard Tub/Shower Cartridge I.D!

Please help Identifying this American standard Tub/Shower trim. Cartridge is what I’m looking for to replace for a client. Any insight with a URL link to order would be greatly appreciated! Plumb On!
  7. Capt. Skinny

Proposed shared vent configuration: toilet + tub

Toilet flushes in one particular bathroom always try their best to suck nearby traps dry. Now that I'm renovating that bathroom I want to take the opportunity to install proper venting. The attached files show the existing configuration, and my (incomplete) proposed changes. My questions are...
  8. C

5 min of hot water after changing cartridge on dual delta shower

Our master bath shower had two shower heads. One was leaking/dripping so our plumber changed both cartridges since he was already there. That fixed the leak, but ever since one side gets too hot and the other side only stays hot for 5 minutes before slowly getting colder and colder. Our plumber...
  9. J

The 1 in a million?

Hi there, So, I'm beginning to think that I'm experiencing a one in a million situation.... Lol. Here's what we are up against.... Hopefully SOMEONE out there has had a similar situation... We just moved in to a mobile home that was sitting vacant for 20+years. Drains were an issue from day...
  10. Mjmonty75

Mysterious Diverter Valve Issue: Shower Diverter Keeps Moving to Closed Position

Hello, I am having an issue with my shower and I was hoping to get some advice on what could be causing it. Every morning, I make sure to push down the diverter valve after turning off the shower valve. However, lately I have been noticing that the diverter valve is being found in the closed...
  11. Dpm200

Raising p-trap that sits too low in 2nd floor joist

Hello. I removed a large light structure from my 1990s kitchen ceiling in order to install canless led lights and learned the p-trap from the shower in the floor above rests 5" below the joists preventing me from installing drywall flush with the joists. I am wondering what my options are for...
  12. Borisj

How much of a water heater’s *cold* line should I insulate?

Hello, I’m installing an electric tank water heater (Rheem Marathon) in a conditioned space. The hot pipe will be insulated all the way. But how many feet of the cold (supply) line should I insulate? The pipe for it goes up 6in, sideways 8in, then down 6 *ft* through a floor. CA requires...
  13. Terry

Florida plumbing repairs after Hurricane Ian, What advice can we give you?

Florida plumbing repairs after Hurricane Ian, What advice can we give you? Watching the news on television about the recent storm damage, I can see that Florida has much to do in the future. Some of it will be total rebuilds and some might be minor. Lot's of in-between too. On these pages...
  14. Vci15

Installing New Kohler Bathtub, Vertical Pipe (Vent Stack?) in the Way

My bathroom (house built in 2002) is on the top floor of the home (3 floors) and I was able to remove the existing bathtub and now I'm preparing to put in the Kohler Underscore 60x30 bathtub Of course with my luck there seems to be a problem. There is a black pipe (vent stack?) that is going...
  15. Shinysquid

Need to replace a valve on a short PEX pipe- any hope to DIY?

Hello - I found an issue with my water intake valve where there is a drip from the valve when the water is on. It drips from the right most side of the valve where there is a horizontal line/cutout. The valve seems to be one solid piece with no removable parts so I think my only fix for this is...
  16. Daclan

High pitched ringing under kitchen sink

My home was built in about 2008. I've been in my home for about 13 years, and I've just now heard a high pitched, steady ringing under my kitchen sink. When I close the drawers under the sink, the noise level goes down a bit, so I know it's in the under-sink area. It's quite high pitched...
  17. Hueaster

Well pit plumbing advice

Hey guys. I'm wondering what could be done to improve the plumbing in my well pit. My issue I'm trying to resolve is I get about 2 GPM of flow to the house (red arrow in the picture is the 60-70' copper feed line to the house) and closer to 15GPM at the hydrant by the well pit (green arrow in...
  18. Paiksl

Are these water leaks from thermal imaging?

Hey All!! So recently getting ready to buy a new house. Looked through it and saw these images through thermal readings Wondering if these are indicative of a water leak somewhere. Thanks!
  19. Cv000000

What Caused This Shower Leak?

Hello everyone recently a friend over my house has taken a shower in the upstairs shower the last few days. Right below the shower this was found The shower is right above this with water also dripping down a little at that vent. infrared showed that entire ceiling had water all over it...
  20. JackPasco33

Faucet diverter came off - no obvious way to re-install

Hey folks, a bit of an emergency situation here, and all the plumbers in town are busy. The faucet came off the tub when one of our AirBnB guests turned on the shower. It doesn't look like anything I'm finding on the internet, and I'm not sure what to do here. There's not a screw that holds the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks