bathroom fan

1. O

Bathroom fan replacement

Trying to replace the bathroom fan or bathroom fan motor. Any ideas about what kind of motor or bathroom fan would work? I've been searching in some big box stores but can't find a similar mounting and would prefer not to replace the box in the ceiling.
  2. DripSplashDrip

What to do about this bathroom fan?

This bathroom fan is located in the attic and has ceased to function. What kind of bathroom fan is this? Can the motor be replaced? The fan is connected to pipes which go to two separate bathrooms. Also, there is a blackened area near where the pipe vents out of the roof and the insulation...
  3. Keithwh

Need clarification on bathroom fan

Hi All! First time poster, long time lurker. I need to install a fan in my basement bathroom as part of a basement fishing project. The shortest route to the outside wall is straight out about 5 feet. This would put the exhaust vent 2.5 feet under a window. I have read several things about...
  4. DenverDave

Bathroom exhaust ductwork out and then up

I have a brick home with a basement bathroom that does not have an exhaust fan. I am going to remodel the bathroom and intend to install an exhaust fan as part of that project. The only feasible way to run an exhaust duct is straight out through the brick wall. However I can't just vent it on...
  5. Joe Weekley

Bathroom Exhaust Fan Ducting

We are in the planning stages of a bathroom remodel and I had a question on ducting the new exhaust fan. The existing fan was vented to the attic with no duct and as such we don't use it. I'll be installing a new Utilitech 7131-01 from Lowe's and have a question on the best duct route. I...
  6. Andrew_in_Ottawa

Best place for bathroom fan in slopped ceiling without compromising insulation

I am trying to add a bathroom fan in a ceiling with a slopped ceiling (low points are exterior walls, high point is middle of the house). I am wondering where the best place the place the fan is given that I have minimal space for insulation (just between the 2X6 ceiling joists as there is no...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks