water pump

1. Heath1993*

Sand point well problems

OK so I started driving a 1-1/4 inch well point, got down to around 30 feet checked and had about 9.5 feet of water in pipe. so took waterhose ran down the pipe and turned on tried to clean out the pipe. after it finally reached top of the well pipe. the water would drain back down at a good...
  2. BiancaM

Pump recommendations

We live off grid in the desert and have water brought in in trucks. We usually get about 600gallons per trip. We have 2 300gallon totes and they sit level with the house floor outside. We have freezing temps and snow and plan on building an enclosure for tanks and pump to avoid exploding the...
  3. Stephen Smith

Well house, all brand new. Water runs for about 2 minutes, then breaker trips.

To start , I just replaced the whole system. Water tank, Well Pump (old one lasted a year) Pump Switch, Breaker, and today, wiring 12-2 UF-B . The reason, and this one is odd indeed, Anytime IT rained or snowed real hard, we would loose water for a few days after. Running a tester showed all...
  4. Tim Plumbs

Pump and Pressure Tank Combo or Separate Tank and Pump?

Hi All, I have just bought a small cabin (1 bathroom and a kitchen sink, all on one floor). In the basement there is a 400 volt (3 phase) floor mounted pump and a 200 liter pressure tank. It all works but the water pump leaks pretty badly. The tank is the older type with no diaphragm and looks...
  5. Rquang

Banging thumping noise from Well pump

Hello All, I recently moved into a new house that uses a well pump. Prior to this, I have always been on city water and never had to deal with well pumps of any sort. Recently, I’ve been noticing a loud banging noise from the well pump that causes a the pipes attach to it to rattle. It seems...
  6. Ray Skaines

Revive an old water well...need help

I am in need of some expert advice. I have an old water well I want to primarily use to only water my garden. The well was drilled around the 40’s and has a 2” galvanized pipe that is 8” above ground. Record shows it was drilled at 225’ deep. The water level is 9’ deep below ground. Last...
  7. Philip Levin

Very high head pumps (330ft+)?

We want to pump water 330 vertical feet up a hill over a pipe distance of ~3000ft. Flow rate doesn't matter (we'd only use it occasionally to fill a tank on top the hill). Source is a pond. 1) Are there (affordable) single water pumps that can do this kind of head? Does anyone have links they...
  8. Jackhis

Upgrading Well water system

Hi all, This is the first time in my life to have a well water system in my house, so I have no experience at all. I paid around $5000 to install a new well water system and $1500 for a new well... So What I was told from the Atlantic company: you can not use the water from 1 am to 5 am...
  9. Simonux

Air in pipes

Dears here is a description of my problem : in our city the water pressure is very low so water cannot reach higher floors without putting a water pump on the water inlet. I live in the second floor. the pump worked well for long time but now air started to be present in the pipe, just loosing...
  10. Drake Alas

EMKA Fresh LLC - direct distributors of Goulds, Hydranautics, and Watts

Hello everyone on Terrylove, I am here to advertise the company EMKA Fresh LLC. We are direct distributors for the companies Goulds, Hydranautics, Watts, and are reaching out to other companies as well. We offer any item on the catalogs for these companies at a relatively cheap price! So if...
  11. naturegirl

Can I temporarily replace a leaking 32 gallon pressure tank with a smaller tank?

My Myers MPD31 hydro-pneumatic 32 gallon pressure tank sprung a leak yesterday and needs to be replaced. I already bought a replacement unit but found out at home that its diameter is too wide for the spot where it is supposed to be installed. Unfortunately I won't be able to get a fitting unit...
  12. Yi Ma

Confused about check valves

I had a look at the following thread which is now closed: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/submersible-pumps-and-multiple-check-valves.26301/ The diagram at the top says that there should be a check valve directly above the pump, but all most water pumps that are described here...
  13. googlealchemist

Water pressure dropped to a trickle in entire house

We went from having decent water pressure thru the whole house, to a very abrupt drop systemically. The downstairs sinks as well as the upstairs sinks, toilet, and shower all have a trickle now. When we turn something on, especially something major like the shower or flushing the toilet we can...
  14. UndergradStudent

Electric Pumping System

I have taken on the challenge of building a water pump system that will be running off a car battery. The problem is I really have no clue what I have to set up in order to make this work. Heres the system: I hav three 55 gallon tanks that need to be filled and then dumped after its been...
  15. Nate Green

Pump or Pressure tank info

Hello: Just bought a house in the country with a well system. I currently have a 1/3HP Shallow Well jet Pump with a Amtrol WX-203 - 32 Gallon Pressure Tank. When I'm water the yard the pump seems to kick on right away and will not shut off the whole entire time I'm watering the lawn. When...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks