tub

1. B

Leak in claw foot tub connection

The clawfoot tub on the second floor is leaking. My daughter was showering upstairs and I saw it was leaking into the first floor. The leak is coming from this connection above the second floor. What’s the best way to connect these two parts? I do have the ability to cut the PVC below, and...
  2. J

Tub/Vent Question

Hello everyone, I am doing a remodel and have tied my new bath drain into a conveniently placed existing vent. Based on my research I thought it would be okay in this circumstance but am now questioning the setup and looking for a second or third opinion. The new bath drain ties into the...
  3. jpap

Is this a siphon trap?

I'm planning a remodel underneath two bathrooms (photo is looking at the upper bathrooms from below). It looks like tub trap arm is wet vented by a 2" wye going straight up to the lav above. That lav has a 1-1/2" dry vent on the upper level (and no other fixtures on the same 1-1/2" dry vent)...
  4. Russell Harris

Made mistake - plumber's putty on ABS tub drain threads - fix advice

So back in July last year (2022) I installed an American Standard deep soak bath drain. I was in a hurry as we were trying to get walls closed up in the baths. I now realize that the drain assembly was ABS. Don't know why I thought it wasn't as it was black. Anyway I used the Stain-Free Oatey...
  5. Nick Evans

Toilet Clearance in Utah

Hi All, I'm in Utah, and it's my understanding that we use the 2018 IRC Residential Code Which appears to indicate a minimum of 21" clearance between front of toilet and anything else. I had a bathroom remodel company come give me a bid, and they claimed a minimum of 30" clearance is required...
  6. Rob13

Fiberglass tub leaks at drain...

How can I fix this leak? Just replaced the whole floor and studs because of this issue. It's leaking at a notch in the fiberglass. Should I sand it down or use jb weld or both? Please, Any Help Much Appreciated...
  7. O

Island Tub against wall

Im installing an island tub in a corner. The faucet and controls are inside the wall and the valve sticks out +/- 2". I have an OS&B drain kit to install. If I want the tub roughly 1/4" from the walls will I be able to angle the tub into the drain kit to clear the valve since I cant set it...
  8. Jdoerfler93

Tub drain p trap problems

All, I have an antique claw foot tub I'm installing. The drain is a brass 1.5" pipe going into the crawlspace. This is replacing a shower that used to be in the same location. When I went under to see the previous setup I got puzzled. The old shower drained through a 1.5" pvc pipe into a 2"...
  9. Jetboy55

Basement floor drains, what are they?

Hello everyone. I have these 4in floor drains in what is original rough in on my 1964 Wisconsin foundation. I want to know for sure what they are, as I plan to use the one on the right for a tub. I believe the one on the left by the water meter (with iron cap) is the cleanout for the street. The...
  10. Dohc

Mortar Bed Thickness

How thick is too thick for a mortar bed under a corner tub. We have about 4 inches to the base of the tub and 2 inches to the bottom of the metal supports. The manufacture requires a mortar bed. And I understand the ticker the mortar bed the more shrinkage of the mortar. I feel 4 inches is a...
  11. Steveog

Kohler valve for stand alone tub allowing handles and spout to be aligned

I have a stand alone tub and looking at installing an in-wall Kohler Purist tub faucet in the handle, spout, handle that is aligned horizontally. Unfortunately, Kohler tells me that the supporting valve does not allow the handles and valves to be installed aligned (spout has to be above or below...
  12. NomicEnvy

M-Core, Does twin ell replace valve separation specs for no stacking leak?

Hello, longtime lurker here with my first post! I'm a DIYer plumbing a tub/shower with Moen m-core parts. I had intended to follow the layout in the first image from Moen's online design guide, which caps the shower port and includes a twin ell. However, the instructions with my mixing valve...
  13. Brandon Kelling

HUGE Water Leak Ruined my entire flooring in house. PEX To Compression Caused ?

Can anyone please help me ? We purchased this new house last year and less than 6 months living there we woke up to a completely flooded house coming from our claw foot tub. Severe leak coming from the cold water line shown in the photo...Did the plumber use the wrong fitting ? How do I fix this...
  14. Rose260

Slip Fit Tub Spout Leaking at Base

Hello, I just replaced a tub spout that is a slip on spout. Everything went smoothly, theres caulking at the wall where the pipe comes out so water won't get back there. As well all the pieces went on the pipe and I was able to get the spout on and tighten the setting screw. Only issue is...
  15. rsimoneaux

Old tub drain leaking

We discovered a leak at a joint where the tub drains. House was built in 60s and the drain lines under the slab are cast iron. Not sure what going on where the leak is.. Looks like maybe copper to cast iron. The pipe with the weird flat flange must be part of a trap - holding water. Any...
  16. NY5050

Free Standing Tub

Hi, first time posting, but love the info on here. I have hopefully an easy question (though its not for me). I removed an alcove tub and a brass tubular bath waste & overflow drain. What I have left I'm assuming is cast iron pipe and cast iron p-trap. The top of the p trap sits a few inches...
  17. GoodGuyGreg

Faucet Handles snapped off, what are my options here ?

This is an old cast iron tub, it's used almost daily for hand washing big dishes, towels, etc. Both handles have snapped clean. Does this need replacing ? Can this be welded ? How hard would it be to find a whole new fixture ? Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. Wishing you all the best...
  18. Michael Crivello

Plumbing Issue Under Old Mobile Home

I live in a mobile home that is at least 10 years old ...if not older...with plumbing issues. I've had issues pretty much from the time I moved in around 8 years ago. The toilet never had enough water pressure to flush or wasn't really going down. Both the kitchen an bathroom sinks have...
  19. Rebecca Huss

Reduced hot water flow in Moen single push/pull knob tub & shower

Hello, Hoping someone can lend some advice. We just bought an older house - built in 1975. There is a single handle push/pull Moen tub/shower combo in the master bath. The sink (which is close to the plumbing for the shower, runs beautifully). When the knob is turned to the hot water side...
  20. sajarac

Replacing an old tub with shower pan

Hello, I am looking for an honest advice and I hope I can get it here. I am replacing a 40+ years old tub in my bathroom, I live in a condo so the floor is concrete. The tub drain pipe is located above the concrete and is Brass 1.1/2" I guess. The shower base that I bought is a Shower pan...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks