iron

1. W

Iron Bacteria

Hi all, i need some help. I have a newly build house and a new well. Water has 0.24ppm iron and also iron bacteria. I dont want to use a chlorine filter system for various reasons, thinking about ozone system. Would you think that will take care or the iron bacteria? Also need some help to get...
  2. R

Iron / Manganese Greensand Filter Questions

Hello, I have a new residential water system with a well pump. 15 gallons per minute, 220V pump, 175' deep, Pressure tank 70psi. See test results below. Our local water system company suggested a 10x54 1.5 CF Greensand filter, three bags 44lb of Greensand Plus with a gravel bed. The filter was...
  3. J

Iron removal ideas…

Just trying to brainstorm some ideas on iron removal with neutral or slightly acidic ph. Most wells that have acidic/ neutral water usually have low hardness. So what’s a way to oxidize and filter out iron without changing the hardness? You can oxidize iron 2 ways either with oxidizing media or...
  4. J

DWV Design - Replacing Double San Tee w/ Inlet between Toilets

Hello everyone! I have a home I purchased this year that has had some opportunity in the work done on it by the previous owner. Florida block home built in the 60s that most of the cast iron drains have been replaced in but still a bit lingering around in places. The toilets in the hall bath...
  5. nbailey

Replacing old water softner system

I am looking for some assistance in finding an appropriate water softner to replace my current aging/failing unit (Whirlpool WHES40) that has been in the house prior to purchase ~15 years ago. A brief description of the system is well water pump with 1" line to a whole house filter. Then a...
  6. S

Help please! Chlorination system is busted, have bacteria/unsafe well water, looking for replacement solutions.

Hi All, I'm new to the forums, so if this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it or let me know! To start off, my home has/had an older chlorination system consisting of a pump, tank for the chlorine/water mix, 120 gal retention tank and a whole house carbon filter. The system was...
  7. BarryChapman

Kinetico Water Softener unit has rust accumulation?

Hi all - I am new here and found this site through google, as I am not having much luck getting answers. I have a kinetico water softener system and we were having some pressure problems in outside hoses. I called the company that installed it, and the installers came out and said that the...
  8. Chucky5150

Iron and Arsenic 3 and 5

Currently using 20+ year old Culligan AIO filter for the iron removal (some sulfur, not sure on the amount just remember it being noted on some paperwork). It is past the end of it's life and I'm sure it'll die while I'm working out of town for 6+ weeks. Just like the pressure switch on the pump...
  9. Cyahr

Filter for sprinkler system

I have the problem of my sprinkler heads getting clogged up with a reddish/orange sediment that looks like sand. I’m assuming it’s iron/rust. My question is, I have a old pool filter on the side of my house. The exact model is the Hayward C900. Would that work for filtering the water going...
  10. OurlittleFarm

Looking for Input on water strategy

Hey all, thanks for such a cool forum, and extra thanks for taking a look at my question! I have got a well in the Cleveland Area in a house we just purchased. Some facts: * We have 4 little girls, and 6 of us total * The previous owner ran a well drilling company, and died about a decade...
  11. Vanste777

Fleck Softener?

I'm on well water with 24 GPG hardness + 2 GPG for .5PPM iron. We're a family of 5 averaging 400 gallons per day. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my math is coming out to roughly 73,000 grains. 26 GPG x 400 = 10,400 x 7 = 72,800 GPG. At 65% efficiency I would need a 112,000 GPG unit. I was...
  12. Chucky5150

Culligan Iron Cleer setup.

Lets see if I can get all the info in the first post. Hopefully I don't get sidetracked. Source: Private well Iron: 4.51 mg/L Manganese: 0.319 mg/L Arsenic 0.050 mg/L Hardness 193 mg/L (11ish Grains) Light H2S (enough to smell, not drive you out of the house) Family of 4 30 year old Culligan...
  13. J.A.R.V.I.S.

What size softener and iron filter?

Household info: •3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. However, we plan to add 2 more bedrooms and 1 more bath in the next couple years. •6 people (4 kids/babies) •Well pump flow rate: 21 gpm •Hardness: 241.43 mg/L •Iron: 0.90 mg/L •Manganese: 27.1 mg/L •pH: 7.92 •Sulfate: 11.78 mg/L I got a full water test...
  14. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Water Softener & Iron Filter Drain Lines - To Sump or Septic?

The systems will be installed in a "closet" with the pressure tank. There are no floor drains nearby but the sump pit is about 15' away. There's also a bathroom directly overhead on the floor above. I searched here and the advice seems 50/50. It could be good or bad for the septic system, and...
  15. tecman

KL filter water color varies from clear to brown

I have a well water system with H2O2 injection and a 12” KL filter with Clack WS1 valve. I believe we have some IRB because the toilet tanks got orange slime when there was no iron filter. The current issue is that the iron after the KL is all over the place. Sometimes the water out of the KL...
  16. Geri

New Well w/ Pump & In-Well Pressure Tank spews Silt & Iron

July 4th, 2021 We just had our new well re-dug to go deeper because at 140 ft with 20 gpm we were seeing very heavy silt in water and getting worse. Our well driller decided to drill deeper. We went another 99 feet on July 1st. We went thru silt, rock/pebbles, 5 layers of clay, wood, gravel and...
  17. eshank61

Fleck 9100 decisions

Hi, I believe I have a Fleck 9100 (non-digital) that got stuck in regeneration last night. Valve head has probably needed rebuilt for 18 months +. It is 15+ years old. I will try to add some photos. I also realize I won't have the water test you will ask for. This is on a well in a 100 y/0...
  18. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Ozone Injection Generators: Preferred makes & models?

If I decide to go with a Katalox Lite iron-reduction system, I then must choose an ozone-generating unit. Not just AIO, but AIO3, owing to iron bacteria. I understand as follows, that: A) the UV variety have lower output but are less picky about low humidity; and also B) the electrical discharge...
  19. Ĝan Ŭesli Starling

Iron Ochre Bacteria

PRE-INFORMATION My well is 42 feet through sand until clay with a 20 drop. The first second's worth of water coming out any faucet (that portion trapped above the valve and exposed to air) has an odor. Beyond that first second, it does not. Water from the bathtub faucet comes out clear to...
  20. Nate Schwartz

High Iron and maybe Arsenic well water treatment

Hi all! Thank you so much for this amazing forum. The wealth of knowledge here is incredible and greatly appreciated. I hope you can help me with a little guidance on water treatment at a recently purchased home. The house came with an owned Culligan water softener and Super S system...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks