heater

1. kurt0123

Westpoint WHV-0615 Gas water heater : no flame issue

Hello, Flame will sometimes light up when the whole unit is poked / shaked or when I play around with the spark switch. It will sometimes make that additional sound as if it is triggering something. Then I will open the water and it will work. It seems that only when the trigger sound can be...
  2. monkey1

New Tankless gas water heater no flame, how to fix?

New generic Chinese Ebay Tankless gas water heater no flame. I tried blowing and sucking on the gas inlet with my mouth and manually turn on the micro switch but couldn't blow through. New battery. Good pressure. When I manually open the micro switch, I see the ignition sparks. I also hear the...
  3. monkey1

Tankless hot water heater related questions

I am replacing my tankless HWH soon. I have a few questions related to the new unit. 1. My municipality provides 7 CW natural gas pressure for my residential line. If I buy a tankless HWH that is rated for 8 CW, will it run? 2. How often do I REALLY need to descale the tankless HWH with white...
  4. pickerel

Gas line sizing assistance - new pool heater

Good evening, I am respectfully requesting assistance in the sizing of a gas line for a pool heater. My local inspector will allow me to install the line on my own and once I get a licensed gas fitter to connect to the mainline, they would inspect everything. – hence the question to the experts...
  5. Armstrongap

Water hammer at water heater

I have an electric tank water heater. I can hear what sounds like water hammer in the walls behind it. It occurs anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes apart. Even with no water running and I live alone. This has been happening for about 12-18 months. When I turn off the water going into...
  6. Bryan

Water Heater Valve and Other Questions

To preface this, I just purchased my first home. This is my first post and I really hope you guys can help with my problem. I'm pretty new to general home repairs, but tend to be pretty good with general DIY so long as I do some research first. My new home has a gas water heater. There seems to...
  7. Praxxl Cogsworth

Mystery leak at bottom of electric water heater

My water heater is 10 years old. About 5 years ago, I went out of town and shut off the main water to the house. When I turned the water back on, my water heater had a small leak, maybe 10 drops a minute. After a few days, the leak stopped. Now, 5 years later, I went out of town and shut off...
  8. JOSEPH SMOOT

B VENT / Draft Hood / Flue question

Hey all, New homeowner here, been remodeling the whole house. Bought a Rheem 50 gal platinum plus gas (natural venting, only powered flue flap no fan) on clearance. Looked in the manual and it calls for B vent. Ran it out the house and up the side above the roof (per local code). Issue I have...
  9. Bigben2010

New water heater tank exterior corrosion

I'm a consumer looking for opinions. I just had a new Rheem electric water heater installed. There is corrosion on the tank, as you can see in the photo. In my opinion, it's a result of a poor coating job on the tank, and exposure to water or maybe just Florida humidity. You can see there are...
  10. hotwaterless

Bradford White Defender Water Heater Issue

Glad I came across this forum. So here is my story and I hope someone can shed some light on what to do next. I live in Huntington Beach California. I had a slab leak and had the house re-piped in August 2018. I used a plumber who used a third party piping company to do the work. This isn't...
  11. caddywhompus

Pool Heater addition inline

I have a Coleman 16' x 48" pool that I am adding a pool heater to. I am having issues finding the right fitting to create a nice watertight seal. The threads on the pool pump outlet are 2" NPT male with a gasket. The threads on the matching flex tube are a 2" NPT female, with a flat surface for...
  12. LarryLeveen

Monitor GF 12 Propane Heater Fan Won't Turn On

A small coaxially vented propane heater has power, will "click on" when the control knob is turned to "Run." The burner is working properly (gas is turned on and a full flame seen through the viewing window), but the fan never turns on. I _think_ I even hear a faint click after a minute or so --...
  13. cleavet

Rheem vs. Ruud?

Hi everyone, Are there differences between Rheem- and Ruud-branded water heaters? It looks like the product lines are identical (except for the nameplate). I know they're the same company, but is one brand a premium line, and the other lower-end? I'm looking to replace my old electric tank...
  14. Tarny

Distance between heater vent and Bathroom Fan vent

Hello, I was wonder if any one can tell me the minimum required distance between a roof gas heating chimney/vent and roof bathroom fan vent? (I am in New Jersey) I haven't been been able to find any information specific to bathroom fan vents. The closest information I can find refers to...
  15. Mike N

Hot Water Varies Hour by Hour

I have a roughly-10-year-old 75 gallon State Select gas water heater. We live in upper central Illinois. We noticed that the temperature of our hot water varies with it being just barely warm enough when turned on full hot to being almost scalding. We noticed it when taking a shower in the...
  16. Omar Alsweiti

Exhaust smell coming from hot water heater when it's not running

I don't know a lot about this stuff but i'll give it my best shot. Background: We came home one day and our hotwater heater wasn't running. Plumber came out and after troubleshooting, he replaced the faulty power vent fan (broke the pilot viewing window in the process though). The hotwater...
  17. bgbs

How do I flush my Champion Water Heater

I have no idea how to flush my aged Champion Water Heater: model# RMI5035SN9 (apparently the internet or google cannot find any information on this manufacturer or model) I watched Youtube video about connecting the hose and unscrewing the little handle with a screwdriver, but my heater has a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks