toilet

1. G

Moving toilet over one joist- question about elbows

Looking to move a 3" waste drain over to the 21-22" mark shown in the first image so it's not so close to the wall. 2nd floor, no waste above this level. Plan to elbow through the 2x10, and then back up to the toilet. A street elbow and a two hub elbow puts the flange about where I'd want it...
  2. shim

Accidentally cut off corner of 3 inch ABS fitting! Is it still good to use??

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, I hope I can get some valuable feedback and advice from all of you. I am currently remodeling my washroom. I noticed that my toilet flange was broken and was causing my toilet to rock back and forth. I decided that I would replace the toilet flange...
  3. Justfixit

Toilet off level by more than an inch

I have a toilet that needs to be replaced. The front of the toilet is over an inch lower than the back is, if I'd set it right on the floor. Too much to use shims. I saw someone using plaster of paris under it to level it out but I don't feel like plaster is strong enough. It's also not very...
  4. J

New toilet in product development

I'm Jeremy Cressman and I work for VitrA. We're working to design new toilets to meet the needs of contractors here in the US. I'm talking to installers to understand what works, what's important, what you wish manufacturers considered today. Is there any new or underappreciated feature...
  5. personage

connecting a wall-hung toilet to waste riser

I have a back outlet, floor mount toilet, and I would like to install a wall-hung toilet instead. The waste riser is cast iron with 4" threaded opening, and my current toilet is connected to it with this ABS nipple...
  6. J

Home-owner looking for some help properly venting a 1st floor toilet around a support beam in the basement ceiling.

Hello! I registered an account specifically for this question so any help would be greatly appreciated! I live in a house built 100 years ago and over that time there's been some questionable modifications done. One of which is the powder room on my first floor. When I moved in after a couple...
  7. AmateurHomeowner

Gluing/Epoxying a bidet mounting bracket to toilet? Good idea or bad idea?

Had a toto washlet for years and loved it. Bought an apartment, moved into it a couple years ago, and couldn't bring the bidet with me. I finally got around to getting a new Toto C5 washlet and realized my tankless floating Duravit toilet seat holes are too far apart for the toto mounting...
  8. D

Ove toilet fill valve

A contractor replaced our toilet recently with an Ove dual flush model and the fill valve always seems to be hissing. I'm not sure what model the toilet is, but the fill valve resembles the one in this YouTube video. A few questions: 1) The hissing stops when I shut off the water line to the...
  9. A

Installing a Salvaged 1930s Flushometer Toilet

I am hoping to replace my current toilet with this salvaged 1930s Kohler toilet. For reference, I live in a pre-war NYC co-op building. My current toilet is a rear spud flushometer, but the salvaged Kohler toilet is a top spud. The water supply line is 21 ¼” above the floor. The toilet has a...
  10. PtraP

Toilet waste pipe above joists

Looking to relocate a 2nd story master bedroom toilet out of a long narrow room (5'Wx10'D) adjacent to an existing walk-in closet to increase closet space. Floor joists run perpendicular to the proposed waste line relocation so holes/notches are not an option over that 10'D distance. Can I...
  11. L

Inset Toilet Flange Above Finished Floor Question

Howdy, Looking for some help with a question regarding toilet flanges and wax rings. I have a stainless steel toilet flange ring flush with my floor with an inset pvc glue in portion. The only issue is the pvc inset is not flush with the steel toilet flange. It is 3/4 inch above the finished...
  12. Brad_S

Replacing Angle Stop

All of the toilets in my house have PEX stub outs and angle stops like the one pictured. This is a compression fitting- so I should be able to remove the nut and ferrule and not have to cut the pex, correct? Never done this before so looking for any pointers in dealing with this repair.
  13. Kathryn

Toto w/ 10” rough

Hi! Renovating our hall bath and need a new toilet. It’s a 10” rough so choices are limited... Is Toto Drake the best option? The showroom I went to recommended - CST776CEFG Should I go with 1.28 or 1.6 GPF? Thank you so much in advance! Sincerely, Someone who does not know anything about...
  14. Bcunning

Toilet noise after water shut off

Another day another mystery toilet sound haha. I'm hearing a soft hissing noise so I checked the usual culprits:flapper, overflow and they seem fine. Didn't seem like water was moving anywhere in the toilet so I turned water off to the toilet and emptied it.... Still hearing that sound! Is it...
  15. Nicpetr

How to secure toilet flange into dry pack floor?

First post! I just redid the bathroom in my 1925 house, and am unsure how to secure my toilet flange. Under the tile is about 3" of dry pack deck mud, then a 4" slab of concrete. The drain is 4" PVC, cut level with the floor. I am worried the dry pack won't hold a tapcon, and I'm concerned a...
  16. Seriousowlisserious

Back Outlet Toilet Rough In Questions

Hi good people! We are doing a bath remodel and we live in a condo that requires a back outlet toilet. Currently we have a 15 year old Kohler toilet - it works great. They do not make it anymore, but the current updated model is the Barrington K-3554-0. This toilet has a 4 inch rough-in. We are...
  17. Jim112

Toilet blocked, backed up, bad plumbing?

Relatives of mine got the attic converted a few years back, and installed a toilet up there. Some local guy done the plumbing - not sure of his qualifications. The toilet comes from the far side of the attic and the pipes travel across the room - and it was added to the existing stack in the...
  18. Theyegis

Toilet fill valve making continuous hissing sound

Hi all. First time poster here so apologies for any mistakes. My fill valve has recently started to make a pretty steady hissing sound, even when not flushing. Here's the link to two videos to demonstrate this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PWm9YaDQHqiWmTzo6. In the shorter one, you can even see a...
  19. TOTOenjoyer

Toto Model Ordering Confusion

Morning, plumbing experts and aficionados! My wife and I are remodeling our guest bathrooms and have decided to replace the builder-grade toilets that came with the house. We are looking for toilets with the following features: standard height, two-piece, 1.6 gallon flush, elongated...
  20. Makemenuconfig

Anything wrong with running a 1/4 bend into a wye?

If I remember correctly, 45 degrees is considered vertical, so it seems like I should be able to use a 1/4 bend (with a heel to vent) into a wye like this. Does this work for a WC?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks