replacement

1. Pepitumbrunom

American Standard Amarilis Shower Valve Cover/Ring Removal

Hi, I'm wondering how to remove the valve cover/ring - not sure that's the right name - on this AS Amarilis Series Shower Hot/Cold water handles. (This is a three handle shower.) Please look at the yellow highlighted ring. It has outer and inner thread, but no real way to undo it. The valve...
  2. Terry

Pulling and replacing old water heaters

Pulling and replacing old water heaters. You never know how old the water heater is going to be when you get "the call". In condominiums, many want replacement at 10 years to prevent water damage by a failed water heater. If you get ten years without a problem, you done well. And the neighbors...
  3. LMerriam

Should I replace my 53-year old Burnham gas boiler?

Recently moved into a house built in 1967 that has its original Burnham gas boiler. Although it has been regularly maintained when I read that boilers are good for 15-30 years MAXIMUM I thought it would be wise to replace it before next Winter (it gets cold her in Eastern PA and can't imagine...
  4. grayhair54

New Softener System - head replacement suggestions?

First post on this site - I am in need of advice on a water softener system problem. Long time homeowner, but relatively new to the finer points of water softeners. I do wish I'd found this site a bit sooner..... hoping you can help. Recently purchased a P*****n PLS48 water softener system...
  5. Scott Thomas

Help Sizing Replacement Boiler

Need advice on sizing a replacement boiler for my home. I believe I need a smaller boiler, however I am not a professional and obviously could be wrong. My contractor is insisting on installing a new boiler of the same size. He believes the replacement must be equal in output to the existing...
  6. Brian Carter

Toto Aquia II tank (ST416M) replacement - can I use an ST412M?

Hi Terry (and community), I bought a Toto Aquia II a couple of years ago and just got around to installing it (bathroom remodel taking a long time, but hey, we're staying at home a lot more now, so I have time to work on it - my wife says I should have hired a plumber; she's probably right)...
  7. JHL

1950's Vintage Shower Valve Identification and DIY Removal Tips

Greetings everyone. I have a house originally constructed in the 1950's in Southern California. There is a shower valve that is leaking out the stem that I want to replace. I am fairly handy and want to tackle this myself. After reviewing available replacement valves at the local Ace store I...
  8. lbreiss34

Help Identifying Manufacturer of Bathroom Faucet/Need Replacement Housing for Aerator

Hello, I am trying to identify the manufacturer of this faucet that is in my bathroom. I did not install it as it came with my apartment when I bought it. Someone I showed the photos to said by the logo on the base of the hot water handle, that the faucet set may be made by Dolphin Solutions...
  9. Terry

Replacing a urinal flushometer

To the right is the shutoff that is turned with a flat blade screwdriver. What you see now is the cap that unthreads to give you access to it. The flushometer is connected by the large nut on the right, which has some adjustment for distance and the two nuts on the vertical that hold the vacuum...
  10. James Riel

Losing Well Pump Pressure - Sediment.

Hello, I just bought a house a couple weeks ago. We noticed a loss of pressure when running a shower and washer at the same time. We heard some pretty loud knocking coming down the copper pipe near the pressure tank. Our pressure dropped down to about 24psi and the gauge needle would flutter in...
  11. Terry

Kitchen sink replacement. A new stainless steel sink by Kohler

Here are some pictures of a sink replacement in an older home. Kohler makes a nice stainless sink replacement for those. Here is the old sink and piping that was removed. The wrong way. There should have been only one trap for this. New basket and disposer, the Insinkerator 880LT 7/8 HP...
  12. rmcderm313

Boiler circulator pump leaking flange/gasket replacement

Hi All, I've got a leaking circulator pump on my boiler. It appears that the gasket has failed and the exposure has done some damage to the flange and possibly the pump housing as well. I'm certainly no plumber but I'm pretty handy, so I'm going to try and replace this myself. Here is a link...
  13. joseph123

Kohler Rialto B1100. Pressure Assist Repair or Replacement

Hello everyone, I’m an inexperienced DIYer and looking for your help. I have a few of these toilets and two have them have failed within a week of each other. These pressure assist units generate a lot of pressure and they seem to have plastic feet that have broken so they don’t hold on to the...
  14. stuzor

Need Help Identifying Tub Spout

I checked through a lot of old threads but wasn't able to find someone with a similar configuration as me. My old tub spout was broken and I figured replacing it would be easy.. boy was I wrong haha. I didn't realize at the time there was a lot of different options and didn't see what the old...
  15. Terry

Trenchless water service & Sewer line repair, Outdoor plumbing

Living in older homes, sometimes the piping to our homes needs repair or replacement. Years ago I used to hand dig those lines. Now there are outfits that can dig or mole under driveways and lawns. A few holes in the right spot and they can pull new lines through. It's not the kind of work I'm...
  16. antonyupward

NTI 200 Replacement Options

Hi, I have an NTI T200 combi boiler/tankless DHW - installed in 2003. This for a 2 adult household. Loads are basement underfloor (approx 500 sq ft), one small radiator/towel rack, and a 120,000 BTU air handler (vents in all parts of the house - total 2000 sq ft). The house is older, but...
  17. i002101

Replacing kitchen faucet pull-down head question.

Hello Group, Picture of the faucet I currently have: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Single-Handle-Pull-Down-Sprayer-Kitchen-Faucet-in-Brushed-Nickel-N88503B2-BN/205031994 The manufacturer of the faucet (My homedepot receipt the brand is "Unbranded" but looking at the warranty and googling the...
  18. Lildiy

Tub spout question/identification

This may be dumb to ask but I've searched all over and can't find what I need. We needed to replace the spout in a tub/shower and couldn't get it free; someone came to help but couldn't get it either. They then used a hacksaw to remove the plastic-like spout, breaking it off and leaving behind...
  19. naturegirl

Can I temporarily replace a leaking 32 gallon pressure tank with a smaller tank?

My Myers MPD31 hydro-pneumatic 32 gallon pressure tank sprung a leak yesterday and needs to be replaced. I already bought a replacement unit but found out at home that its diameter is too wide for the spot where it is supposed to be installed. Unfortunately I won't be able to get a fitting unit...
  20. Terry

Delta 600 shower valve replacement

How many times does a homeowner do this to a Delta 600 when they try to remove the bonnet? If a person isn't careful, you can twist the three soft copper tubes to the body of the faucet. My fix is to cut out the old Delta 600 and install a new valve body. Moen makes an easy replacement...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks