leak

1. Joe B

Navien CH-240 siphon hose leak, gas smell

Hi everyone, Could a leaking siphon tube also result in gas escaping from a Navien CH-240 boiler? I know - Naviens are fussy. But my CH-240 from back in 2010 has been humming along until just the other day. I found that it has begun leaking from the top of the "siphon hose" where it connects...
  2. Smatz

Rheem Tankless Water Heater Leak *UPDATE*

I have a Rheem CRTGH-95DVLN natural gas tankless water heater. I found a leak on the copper pipe leading into the heat exchanger (unsure if that is the correct terminology) The leak is specifically at the external copper pipe outside the exchanger and what looks to be a temperature sensor. I...
  3. P

Leak from swivel 90 in mobile home after shower arm broke

So my shower arm ended up breaking (gotta love a plastic one) so I’m trying to replace it. I have a new mobile home specific shower arm like what was previously there and I almost have it fixed but the plastic drop ear 90 keeps leaking. Sometimes it’s just a drip, others it may be more of a...
  4. P

Bathtub Drainpipe Leak

I've recently replaced the whole bathtub drainpipe from the overflow to the bathtub drain flange assembly. I used schedule 40 PVC pipe, and all has been well until I found a tiny leak, shown in the images below (I will try to get a video clip uploaded, but my file is too large). I had to cut...
  5. B

Leak in claw foot tub connection

The clawfoot tub on the second floor is leaking. My daughter was showering upstairs and I saw it was leaking into the first floor. The leak is coming from this connection above the second floor. What’s the best way to connect these two parts? I do have the ability to cut the PVC below, and...
  6. I

Low pressure & flow problem

I've been experiencing low water pressure and flow. I started checking it over the last few weeks. Pressure fluctuates but it usually hovers between 12 and 24 PSI. Flow also fluctuates. The best I've measured is 1.5 GPM, but that's rare. It's been as low as almost 0.5 GPM at times. I let...
  7. Lagger

Slow recovering well and a wet yard.

I just purchased a house about two months ago. So far the plumbing has been a completed disaster and I’ve needed to replace the boiler and the ejector pump already on top of some maintenance on the septic system. My current problem is a mystery for me because I know nothing about wells and I...
  8. B

Clean water backing up after shower

I am a new homeowner with a small leak/backup problem. Not sure which. Shower on second floor, washing machine in basement. Observed small amounts of water on basement floor (less then 8 fl oz) two successive days, but did not observe why. Not sure if foundation leaking (although has not been...
  9. C

Rheem water heater leaks since Watts pump is installed

Hello - I installed a Watts Pump on a Rheem 22V50F1 (9 years old) two weeks ago. Since we now had hot water in the cold water line, I experimented with the time settings of the pump. Now I noticed that the water heater is leaking at the bottom. When I switched the Watts pump off, the leaking...
  10. K

Clack WS1 slow leak into brine tank

My Clack WS1 is slowly leaking into the brine tank while in the normal (softening) state. In my attempts to fix this, I have replaced the stack assembly, pistons (amber and black) and (red) injector. I have also checked my drain line by blowing into it. Before I realized that it was a slow leak...
  11. Notapro

Toto Aquia II parts for leak

I have a 2011 Toto Aquia II. It has developed a leak, I believe, at the flush valve gasket. At first I thought it was the connection for the water line to the tank. When the water is off it doesn't seem to leak - or leaks slow enough not to notice. When I turn the water back on before a flush-...
  12. EggMcMuffin

Water Heater Outlet Nipple - Unsure if leaking

I'm unsure if there's a drip leak at the water heater outlet to nipple connection of my Bradford White gas water heater. I used 3.5 wraps of Megatape on the threads with a light to moderate amount of Rectorseal 5. It's impossible to see without removing the top cover. I just replaced the...
  13. Bcunning

Toilet noise after water shut off

Another day another mystery toilet sound haha. I'm hearing a soft hissing noise so I checked the usual culprits:flapper, overflow and they seem fine. Didn't seem like water was moving anywhere in the toilet so I turned water off to the toilet and emptied it.... Still hearing that sound! Is it...
  14. FirstTimeDIY

Shower Valve Leak? Unsure of how to diagnose the problem.

Hello Everyone, First time DIYer, trying to give it a honest go at a self-repair! The shower has been leaking for a little bit with a slow but consistent drip through the tub spout. After some reading and videos online, figured it was probably the cartridge that required a possible...
  15. Kevin Craig

Hairline cracks in brand new softener tank

I bought a whole house carbon filter about 4 years ago and recently I noticed hairline cracks in the neck where the valve screws in and water was slowly leaking out. I contacted the website where I ordered the tank and they had a new one sent out promptly. But I noticed on the new tank there are...
  16. CamKiyomi

Sewage Ejector not completely sealed

Hey all! First post so go easy on me. Just finished roughing in my house. I capped all my lines and went to throw 5 psi of air into the DWV system to check for leaks. Couldn't build any pressure at all so I started looking around. Shot a bunch of soapy water around my sewage ejector basin. It...
  17. Theyegis

Toilet fill valve making continuous hissing sound

Hi all. First time poster here so apologies for any mistakes. My fill valve has recently started to make a pretty steady hissing sound, even when not flushing. Here's the link to two videos to demonstrate this: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PWm9YaDQHqiWmTzo6. In the shorter one, you can even see a...
  18. JD3263

Water Leaking from AC Condensate Pan

Rheem Model: RCHL-48A1G MFG Date: 05/2009 Hello, I have a lot of water dripping onto the AC filter and from what appears to be the condensate tray. The AC blows cold air and seems to be functioning normally; it's just the leaking that's a problem. I used a shop vac on the drain pipes from...
  19. Pakaderm

Can you identify this plumbing 'manifold' coming up from the foundation? SoCal?

Hello, new to the forums and need help with this. I recently opened the area under my stairs and found this 'manifold' coming out of the concrete foundation. Does anyone know why there are 3 hot and 4 cold lines coming out of the foundation, and why they loop back on themselves? The hot/cold at...
  20. Mcgee22

How for fix a small leak in a vertical connection of half-inch copper

I discovered a tiny leak in a vertical connection above a shower posi-temp valve. Can I heat and add more solder to that section, or does the whole assembling from the posi up to the shower head need to be reconstructed? This was installed along with converting all steel pipe in the house to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks