install

1. C

Gas dryer install

I’m installing a gas dryer. I went and bought a GE gas dryer installation kit which includes a 1/2” OD Stainless steel gas connector. I’m noticing that the gas pipe in from the house looks like it’s 1”. Is it okay to use this 1/2” gas connector with the 1” pipe coming from the source?
  2. Dohc

Mortar Bed Thickness

How thick is too thick for a mortar bed under a corner tub. We have about 4 inches to the base of the tub and 2 inches to the bottom of the metal supports. The manufacture requires a mortar bed. And I understand the ticker the mortar bed the more shrinkage of the mortar. I feel 4 inches is a...
  3. NomicEnvy

M-Core, Does twin ell replace valve separation specs for no stacking leak?

Hello, longtime lurker here with my first post! I'm a DIYer plumbing a tub/shower with Moen m-core parts. I had intended to follow the layout in the first image from Moen's online design guide, which caps the shower port and includes a twin ell. However, the instructions with my mixing valve...
  4. JoeyDYI80

Need help with new sink plumbing

Just did my countertops and installed new sink double sink which is about 3" deeper than old and drains offset. Also purchased new garbage disposal. With my old sink my disposal was on left side and drains centered. I started to install new disposable on right side and ran into an issue. Seems...
  5. Jon57

Well line to Irrigation

In preparation for an irrigation system, I’m looking for the best method to tap the well line. My well report says it’s was tested at 15 gpm. Currently there is a 1” poly pipe from the well which enters the pressure tank tee assembly, from there a 3/4” pex line goes into a tee (3/4” softener...
  6. Vdawg

Adding a pressure gauge to my water line

I want to add a pressure gauge to my incoming water supply line (CPVC). Part of the pipe where it enters the house (in the garage) is exposed and that's where I've installed a water softener and a whole-house filter. Before both of them is where I have about a foot of horizontal pipe that I...
  7. Terry

Disposer leak at basket. The snap ring not fully engaged.

Here was a disposer leak at the connection between the disposer rubber seal and the basket, caused by the installer not seating the snap ring in the groove. You can see on the right side the snap ring sticking out, and on the left how it's hidden. Everything looked fine to the handyman that...
  8. Nicholas Roe

New Heater concerns

Hello I have a water heater from 1994 that is leaking. I live in Charlotte NC. I’m thinking about going tankless. My concern is that it would be in my crawl space. Fully enclosured crawl space. I have plenty of room all around the tank currently and I don’t really want to move it inside...
  9. Mjchevalier

Correct way to set toilet on uneven tile?

Hi all, I bought a new Kohler Cimarron comfort height toilet and installed about 18 months ago. I did not level the toilet prior to install. Now I am paying for my mistakes. The toilet is rocking and there is a bad sewer smell in the bathroom. I am a very large guy, about 350lbs. I plan to reset...
  10. kerry ann

Shower valve question, please

Sorry if this question has already been asked. I am a homeowner, not a plumber, but I am responsible for acquiring all my materials. "I" am building a walk in shower, with a shower head and a hand held shower only. I purchased a kohler shower head kit on clearance at a big box store. It is for a...
  11. GrnMitsu

Under mount tub install mystery

Hello - First, thanks to all who share their knowledge on this forum, I have read as many threads as I could find on under mount tubs and have learned so much. With all the knowledge here, I still can not figure out how to frame my under mount tub. I called the manufacturer and they were less...
  12. hellspcangel911

Advice selecting and installing water softener

Hi All, Let me first thank all of you for the tremendous resource you have been. For years I've read these forums, helping me tackle every aspect of plumbing repairs. THANK YOU for sharing your time and knowledge. I'm at the point where I need to install a water softener in our house. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks