vent

1. H

Laundry plumbing

I found this done. I thought sinks could not enter below the laundry in the stack? Also, couldnt you use a double sanitee and eliminate the sink revent altogether? I’m sure this is an easy question for the plumbers. But I can’t seem to find these answers anywhere. I’m getting ready to put in a...
  2. R

Vent Pipe on Outside of Exterior Wall

Hi all! I am planning on installing a bathroom in my basement, I live in Maine (IPC code, I think). I have easy access to the main stack to the septic system but venting the drains (and up flush toilet) is going to be difficult. After hours of research I am totally lost on when wet venting is...
  3. R

Wet Venting to Main Stack

Hi all! I am planning on installing a bathroom in my basement, I live in Maine (IPC code, I think). I have easy access to the main stack to the septic system but venting the drains (one vent for a up flush toilet, one vent for a up flush sink, one vent for a large bathtub) is going to be...
  4. J

Tub/Vent Question

Hello everyone, I am doing a remodel and have tied my new bath drain into a conveniently placed existing vent. Based on my research I thought it would be okay in this circumstance but am now questioning the setup and looking for a second or third opinion. The new bath drain ties into the...
  5. Patflemming

Tying into existing drain line - Venting question

I am trying into a bath and lav drain line and installing a diverter valve to allow me to choose between sending water towards the sewer or to my grey water system. I want to make sure I am choosing the proper location to tie into. I'm thinking of installing the valve after the bath/shower and...
  6. J

Home-owner looking for some help properly venting a 1st floor toilet around a support beam in the basement ceiling.

Hello! I registered an account specifically for this question so any help would be greatly appreciated! I live in a house built 100 years ago and over that time there's been some questionable modifications done. One of which is the powder room on my first floor. When I moved in after a couple...
  7. C

Bathroom Sink Venting Question

Hello, I'm putting in a bathroom sink drain in Canada, Ontario. We had a plumber come in who told us there was no vent for this drain and it would cost a lot to install. We contacted another plumber, who said all we needed to do was install an AAV. I'm a little confused because it looks like...
  8. Q

Adding Vent to Laundry Standpipe

Hi, I have a restricted trap below my laundry standpipe that can no longer handle the spin cycle output of my washing machine. It is the original installation from 1962; a 2" cast iron pipe goes below the concrete floor to a buried trap. Several times over the last 15 years I was able to...
  9. G

Two 1-1/2" vents serving where a 2" vent is required

I'm venting a bathroom group (sink, toilet, bath/shower) and the rough in location ended up placed directly below a truss, which means I can't take the 2" vent directly up and out. I'm working with a 2x4 stud wall and need to bore through several and make a turn to avoid the truss. Is it...
  10. Brian Kehlmeier

Maximum vent length for new addition

I am hoping that I can get some advice... New addition to the first floor; relocating the bathroom and adding a shower. In the end, a bathroom group (5 DFU) and a utility sink (2 DFU) will be vented. I want to route the vent to the attic and tie in up there, but I am not sure that I can. The...
  11. C

Attic Vent System up to code?

Greetings, I’m pretty sure this vent system is to code but, I’m a rookie and still learning ALOT so I figured I’d throw it out there and see if anyone sees something wrong? - It’s for 2 bathroom sinks, 2 toilets, 1 shower, 1 washing machine and a 1 kitchen sink. - All the branches are sloped...
  12. Thinly9172

Outdoor drainage and softener backwash questions

I have a heated outbuilding/workshop where I am planning to install a water treatment system for my drilled well. The slab on grade outbuilding has a floor drain, intended for water softener backwash. The floor drain empties 4' underground about 20' away from the building. There is no drain...
  13. J

Overflow Drain Issue

Hello, we recently spent a year remodeling a home built in 99. We didn’t really use any of the plumbing fixtures prior to moving in but after moving in and starting to use some of the plumbing fixtures, we noticed there soap suds coming out of both a downstairs half bath sink and the upstairs...
  14. V

fire resistant plumbing vent?

Hi everyone, I need your help. I don't really know how to explain the problem and my first language is French, please be indulgent. :) I live in Quebec. My house is the first unit of a 3 unit townhouse. My two neighbor's plumbing vent are hooked on my stack vent. (please see illustration...
  15. Dvid

Trouble with P-Trap Backdraft

Master bathroom, two sinks. One has a backdraft of sewage smell daily, the other is fine. It's definitely not mold, but sewage. -The one that smells is used regularly, several times a day. It's not dried out. -The sink drains perfectly fine, not slow. -Smell comes when the water is hot or...
  16. J

The 1 in a million?

Hi there, So, I'm beginning to think that I'm experiencing a one in a million situation.... Lol. Here's what we are up against.... Hopefully SOMEONE out there has had a similar situation... We just moved in to a mobile home that was sitting vacant for 20+years. Drains were an issue from day...
  17. A

Possible to drain through vent

I'm looking to move my washer and add a utility sink into my garage. Can I tap into the vent line (see pic). There is a sink, toilet and shower on the opposite side of the wall. Will I have venting issues? Any help would be appreciated. I talked to a plumber last week and shared this pic and...
  18. Brendan Poirier

Main stack vent necessary ? Garage plumbing

Hello Just built my garage this year and am currently installing my utility sink. My original plan was to put a toilet in the garage but that was ditched. For now I will only have a sink so I am wondering if running the main stack up through the roof is necessary since the sink has its own AAV...
  19. Margarett

Frequent and extended gurgling in our powder room sink

We must have a partial clog in our plumbing, but we cannot determine where. We’ve been living in our house for 24 years; the house itself is about 100 years old. Even before we started experiencing our current problem w/ our first-floor sinks a little over a year ago, our powder-room sink would...
  20. quantumbass

Venting and routing for a recovery replacement of pipes

Hello, I had to have my original copper drain pipes pulled, and I am trying to pick up where my house was left after someone bailed on me. The short of it was that a copper 2" pipe went through the HVAC return duct right over the HVAC main stack with a failing joint there, so it was supposed to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks