sillcock

1. J

Does anyone sell 3/4" dia. pipe frost-free sillcocks?

Does anyone sell 3/4" dia. pipe frost-free sillcocks? The current pipe going through the wall is 3/4" galvanized with a ball valve on the outside. My concern is flow. It's also difficult to imagine how a frost-free (especially a 1/4 turn ball-type) can flow anything like a non-frost-free. TIA
  2. Gundraw

Which Brand of Frost Free Sillcock is Reliable & Repairable?

House has a frost free sillcock that is leaky. Quite a bit of corrosion as I believe it is original with the house (70's construction). I am a little unsure of the quality on some of the new stuff. I would rather buy a nicer model if it will last like this original one did, and, if I have a...
  3. Lifespeed

High quality hose bib

Wall faucet, hose bib, sillcock or hydrant, lots of different names for the same item. I used to use the Woodford 101CP with integrated vacuum breaker. Not that I really need that feature. After I replaced a couple due to the vacuum breaker leaking (yes, I know about the rebuild kit that...
  4. OscarR

1/2" Pro Press connection and WIFI controllers

Hello I'm a homeowner with a few incursions into this world and I thoroughly enjoy problem solving, tinkering and learning. I have 2 Legend 10" sillcock bibs on the front and back of the house. They both got ruined (leak and anti siphon seals ruined) because I did not know you are not...
  5. Rick Langston

Outdoor Frostproof sillcock identification

I need to identify this sillcock. Trying to repair. No real identifying marks
  6. B.A.

Leaving outside faucet/sillcock on all the time

Hello, I currently have an Arrowhead 420 series frost free sillcock faucet on my house. I'm located in MN. I have the faucets hooked up to timers to water my gardens with low pressure irrigation. As a result, I have to leave the faucet handles turned on all summer. Last year I had to replace...
  7. John Mac

1/2 Copper to 3/4 sillcock

Hi All, First time post for me looking for some help on a new home I purchased. Appreciate any input. I have 3/4 copper main branching off to 1/2 copper for fixtures..pretty normal. My question is...for my hose bibs I have the 1/2 branch off the main, however it connects to a 3/4 Sillcock...
  8. pfwag

Best sillcocks?

Need to relace two sillcock on a house in CO @ 7,600' with cold winters but with occasional warm watering days. (Just planted 30 small trees that will need watering on our fairly often warm winter days.) Woodford or Legend? What about Home Depot's Prier brand? Will the Woodford Model 19...
  9. Chris L

Hot/cold outdoor faucet?

Does anyone have any good hot/cold outdoor faucet solutions they'd like to share? I'm currently waffling between a Woodford 22 or C22 and a service sink faucet like this. Use case is watering plants, washing dogs, and water for the kids. I had a single-handle Moen hot/cold outdoor faucet in...
  10. Todd F

Is it against code to connect a timer to a hose bib?

I have connected 1 orbit 4 Zone Timer to my hose bib so that the timer is of course downstream. Plumbing code states as follows... "A shutoff valve should never be placed downstream of any AVB, as this would result in continuous pressure on the AVB" I have also come to learn that hose bibs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks