hard water

1. Njm5785

Water filtration advice for my water test results

We did a water test with tapscore (Results: https://gosimplelab.com/v6HZeQi8CZ/all-results). The main things I am concerned about are hardness, uranium, Gross Alpha, Gross Beta and getting the iron down under the secondary mcl level of 0.3mg/L. Should I be worried about the Total HPC? Anything...
  2. Dwest36

Very hard water, Dumb blonde, water softener not programmed correctly. Fleck 5600se, please help!!

Hello friends! Complete idiot here, and believe me I’ve tried everything before I reached out here. Basically I have hard water that is unresolved. My landlord is extremely unhelpful, unfriendly, etc..I have what I believe is an air injection DUAL tank fleck 5600se. That’s what’s printed on the...
  3. Jakki

Hard Water At Home

Since we moved house we've had to replace our kettle about every 12 months. The amount of limescale that builds up on the element is incredible. I've never seen anything like it. The speed it builds up in the bottom of the kettle you just wouldn't believe. I know it's caused by hard water...
  4. buzzdriving

Compact format water softener

I rent an apartment in Santiago, Chile where the water is very hard. For the last few years, I've been using the building's laundry on the ground floor but this costs a fortune over the long run and is frankly a ballache when you're on the 12th floor. A colossal waste of time. Not to mention the...
  5. jeff blankenship

New Well - Local Water Company $6,000+ - what to do?

New Well, new house - ~150ft deep, 24 gal/min 5,000sq ft, 5.5 baths; 5 people + in-law suite with part time tenants Septic System Well initial positive for Total Coliform; Well company "shocked" last week - waiting for new test results Other Test results: Calcium 65 Chloride 97.2 Copper <.01...
  6. GIOSD

Whole house water filtration system with water softener

Good morning, I have been trying to read as much as I can over the last 3 weeks and am still extremely confused because there are so many options and I still have no clue what I should be looking for. I am hoping someone here can give me some recommendations to narrow my research. We recently...
  7. Beckadawn

Help With Water Softening System/Filter Set-up

I am set to close on a house the end of this month but the well water is creating a bit of a problem and I'm trying to figure out how much it will cost and how to remedy it. I'm also interested in brand suggestions. TDS: 850ppm Hardness: 31 gpg Iron: .8 ppm Manganese: 0 pH: 5.6...
  8. Ibby

Morton M30 softener (Sams Club)

Ibought a Morton M30 softener and it was installed it about a month ago. I know it was working fine in the beginning but lately it seems that water isn’t soft.I believe it confirms it when using the control board it says it has only regenerated 3 times. (and we have a 5 person household). When...
  9. PlumberSteve

What's the deal with flushing tanks?

I recently left the company where I spent my first 15 years of my career. The consensus there was "flushing a water heater doesn't really do any good so let's not mess around with it". Now I'm in a new company and we offer a whole-house plumbing inspection that includes a water heater flush. I...
  10. CROforce

Water Not Soft Enough

Not sure what to do... I have Fleck 7000 unit. I have noticed for some time now that my water is not right but didn't have time to check on this. Finally this weekend I cleaned up brine tank, added salt and took water sample while in in bypass mode. The hardens was showing as 250. Did...
  11. BillyBobjcv

Pentair w/ 5600 Econominder - Settings for Very Hard Water

I have a 5600 EM and I'm having some trouble understanding what to use for the correct settings. My city water report has two lines that seem to apply "Hardness" in ppm and "Total Dissolved Solids" in ppm. I sort of understand the difference, but which is the more appropriate line to use for...
  12. Kentuckienne

Ten years old - what tests should I run on well/softener?

First, a big thanks to the Forum for years of good advice. Sorry for long post. About ten years ago, we drilled a deep well for our new house (80+ grains hardness, some coliform bacteria but no e-coli). We put in a water softener (Clack) that puts regen water into the septic system, with a RO...
  13. DrW

Sudden change in well water quality

My well has provided wonderfully sweet water for 20 years. Suddenly, on Thanksgiving Day, the hardness went from 137 mg (in the water in the pitcher in my fridge from the previous week) to 547 mg. The dishwasher suddenly no longer cleans dishes, and the water tastes bad. Chlorides test high at...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks