siphon

1. Mr Blint

If a laundry sink in the basement has a 1-1/2 inch drain that tees into a 4" waste vent below floor level, can water be siphoned from the sink trap?

Our late 1940s laundry sink in the basement has a 1-1/2 inch drain pipe that runs about 8' and then drops vertically into the concrete floor; below the floor surface the sink drain pipe connects to the 4-inch main waste stack. Is that enough venting to prevent a siphoning effect empting water...
  2. J

DWV Design - Replacing Double San Tee w/ Inlet between Toilets

Hello everyone! I have a home I purchased this year that has had some opportunity in the work done on it by the previous owner. Florida block home built in the 60s that most of the cast iron drains have been replaced in but still a bit lingering around in places. The toilets in the hall bath...
  3. Psarkis

Sewer gas from shower drain and water pooling on tiles. Help!

We purchased a 1971-built home in Palm Springs about 2 years ago. It was a fresh renovation, which included replacing the tub in the master bath with a tiled shower. About 8 months ago, we noticed two things happening: there is a persistent sewer gas smell from the shower drain that gets worse...
  4. texbob

Almost no pressure in 4 out of 6 zones

What would cause low pressure in 4 zones - 1, 2, 4 and 6 (entire front yard and zone 6 in the back of the house)? Water barely trickles out of each sprinkler head in these zones, but pressure is fine in zones 3 and 5. There are 3 anti-siphon values (see attached drawing indicated by v v in...
  5. JSA112233

Plumbing a tub. Can I do this?

New-ish diyer here. Im wondering if i can do this for my bathtub drain. I know there needs to be a vent after the trap to prevent a siphon from forming and pulling the water out of the trap. I am confined to a small area and the vent cant really be placed anywhere else. Im wondering if i can do...
  6. ngmtl

In Double Vanity Drain Challenges

Ran into a couple issues while testing out the drain configuration I came up with for a double vanity retrofit (Note: I had to make the decision early on to split the waste line in the vanity as opening up the plumbing wall to get dedicated lines into the stack was not practical [shared wall...
  7. Dylan

Washer sipon break install

My standpipe drain for the washer is about 30 in and it's supposed to be 36 in. Going to install the siphon kit. Is heat pruf grease ok for conbections? And what's the best way to cut corrugated plastic tubing? Appliance shop installer should have put this in but they just installed as is and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks