sewer line

1. Chopsy

Help with Sewer Line

I am a newbie and am doing a modification to a sewer line and would be grateful for some expert advise. I have a cast iron 4in sewer line that has a 2in cast iron elbow to which a 2in kitchen sink drain pipe was attached. The elbow is connected to some type of reducer in the sewer line. The...
  2. meganite

Belly in sewer line - Worst case scenario?

I'm buying a bank-owned investment property and was provided a copy of a sewer line inspection a previous buyer performed. The report did not include much detail, or any photos or video. Because the inspection was not issued to me the inspector won't consult on it at all. The inspection...
  3. GCProp

Replacing Multi-Family Sewer Line Under Slab

I own a 7 apartment multi-family building built in 1974. Sewer line is cast iron. We have clogs frequently and it appears cast is corroding. I know it's only a matter of time before I will need to replace it. Problem is, the building sits on a slab. It's also fully leased. Line runs left to...
  4. moore1289

Help Finding Main Drain!!!

Hello All! I hired a plumber to find my main drain, and they used a fancy snake instrument with a locator tool and they marked the floor where my main drain is located and where it exits the house. However, when we demo'd the basement floor and dug down 20", we have not found the drain. We...
  5. BrittanyATX

Repair or Replace sewer pipes - best method?

To start, I will not be DIY'ing this. I'm planning to hire the pros. My house is a 1500 sqft house, built in 1960 with original plumbing (copper supply lines throughout, except the kitchen cold which is galvanized, and cast iron drain lines). House is slab on grade, in Texas with heavy clay...
  6. Rodaimi

Unvented Basement Bathroom

So I recently found out my basement bathroom is unvented. It was illegally built by the previous owner and he somehow got it past inspection. My toilet, sink and shower drain slowly and the toilet regularly backs up into my shower. I installed an Air admittance valve on the sink hoping to solve...
  7. Layla-Gail O'Brien

Because I just have to do things oddly...

*Storytime* :D For my family; I manage a 38-acre, private, saltwater lake property on the Intercoast of Texas with fishing & camping for a membership fee. Except, people don't want to come camping because we don't have a proper 'Bath House' just an accessible 1/2-bath restroom. I looked into...
  8. Sunday Gladiator

Musty toilet water/mildew smell from downstairs bathroom

Hello, Just joined this forum. I registered mainly because I was inspired by this thread here - https://terrylove.com/forums/index....d-wax-ring-twice-still-have-odor.57641/page-2 I've run into a similar issue with my downstairs guest bathroom, which is just a toilet and sink next to it. The...
  9. Steven J Jensen

Shallow sewer line

I have a cabin that is built on a slab, in Northern Wisconsin. Coming out from the cabin the sewer line is only 6" beneath the ground. It runs to a holding tank about 40 ' away. The depth of the line at the tank is somewhere around 24" to 36" underneath the ground. This is a holding tank not a...
  10. jaywalsh31

Washing machine full overflowing. flood neighborhood. And trap weir at 20" with 8" stand p.

Hello, everyone my name is Jason. I was hoping i could pick some brains about a clothes washer that is installed in massachusetts. I checked the forum for mass but no one goes there so I'm trying my luck here. Problem: washing machine was full of water and overflowing onto the floor. The...
  11. Terry

Clogged and plugged sewer line

Here is a clogged and plugged sewer line that I found this week. The water was backing up into the tub with no movement. Previously this year I had pulled a toilet and had Walt run a snake down the line to clear it. He thought that I should add a cleanout outside the home for the next time. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks