irrigation

1. D

Pump Overheating

I have appreciated the posts on this thread as I have planned my project. I live on a rural property that has a 30 foot dug well and a convertible jet pump that does a good job. However we run the risk of the well going dry in the summer. We also live 85 feet above a river that is down a...
  2. BS Frank

Lake Irrigation Question

Thank you in advance for your assistance. New lake home and looking to accomplish the following: I have a red lion rl-sprk100 pump. I would like to suck water from the lake 20' away from the pump and about 5' below the pump to a spigot location 20' away from the pump and about 10' above the...
  3. Jag_Man653

How to diagnose Rain Bird valve problem

The flow to one of my Rain Bird controlled yard irrigation flow paths continues to flow once it's turned on by the Rain Bird control box. If I disconnect the the wire at the control box, there is no flow. That's what I've done to keep it from running 24-7. What is the most likely cause? Should...
  4. Ajbennett60

Tee in near well head for irrigation?

Hey there new to all this. I have a 15 gpm well in my pasture and my pressure tank is in my house 300' away. I am hoping to tee in very close to the well head and put a valve/spigot a couple feet away to water wine grapes 500' in the opposite direction and uphill 30 feet max. I've read that if...
  5. 55tbirdfan

$400 vs $900 irrigation pump

I am replacing 30 yr old irrigation pump for my sprinkler system. Was a 1½hp Myers pump. Pump still running but think the body has just about rusted thru. I am looking at pumps in the $400 range and wondering if I should be looking at more expensive pumps but do not know what the advantage...
  6. Paul DT

Sprinkler anti siphon lid leaks heavily when turned ON- Zone does not work

Sprinkler anti siphon lid on my Champion brass irrigation valve leaks (heavily) when this irrigation Zone is turned ON & none of my sprinklers pop out and they don't work in this zone.... It was working perfectly until this. The only thing I have recently done (not sure if relevant): Could the...
  7. EddyEddy

Valve hammering

I have a five valve irrigation system. Four of the five work perfectly. One, when it "turns on" (in sequence, it is the third zone of the five) knocks/hammers unstoppingly until I shut off the zone. Since the system is at least 15 years old, I suspect that particular valve is the problem. I can...
  8. Sophie Gorman

Air in pipes - outdoor irrigation?

Hello, I recently installed a pretty DIY outdoor irrigation setup. It has a 4- way splitter coming off the spigot that supports 2 sprinklers and 2 lines to the irrigation. And now I have air in my pipes which is causing issues with my washer and other things inside. I'm guessing it has to...
  9. PipeDreamz

Thoughts on Water Hammer Arrestor Before PRV?

Hey everyone, I'm looking to get feedback on setting up my incoming house water line as: shutoff ball valve > water hammer arrestor > PRV I share a curb stop city main with my neighbor that has a lawn irrigation system hooked up on their side. I currently do not have a PRV and my pressure...
  10. Colin MacKenzie

Low water pressure on one zone

4 zones total on a Rainbird system. 2 zones are perfect and my pressure gauge runs at 40psi. 1 zone is not working and no resistance on the solonoid so pretty obvious there. Lastly, zone 2 is releasing some water but very low pressure at a shaky 20psi and can hardly lift a sprinkler head. Pump...
  11. PeteM

Backflow Prevention

Hello all, I recently purchased a new home and began working on the landscaping and drip irrigation system. Aside from the many leaks, I discovered that anti-siphon valves had been installed below ground, in a box. Worse still, my property has extreme grade changes and 3 of the valves were...
  12. nofx1728

Sprinklers have very low pressure

I have a cheap DRUMMOND 1 HP Cast Iron Shallow Well Pump With Pressure Control Switch. I have 6 zones on a 1/4 acre lot with only 4-5 heads running at a time. The pump had not run in a few months and it was failing to prime so I called a sprinkler and irrigation company out to fix my...
  13. Loneriver

PVC-to-metal leak at coupler

Hi. I've used this forum often for my indoor plumbing issues but this is the first time I've tried it for an irrigation. Thank you in advance. I have an underground pvc pipe that feeds an outdoor faucet. I dug up the area and see the following (pictures attached): 1. PVC pipe goes into a...
  14. BobD777

Drip Irrigation without Pressure Reduction?

I just had a drip system installed to water 9 large green giants, and 4 fruit trees--all on one zone--and planted pretty much in a line. The drip tubing goes around each plant a few times. I looked in the valve box and don't see any kind of pressure reducing valves. Considering our water...
  15. brb649

Irrigation pump cycles fast then slow then trips breaker.

I have an older 1 HP General Electric water pump that doesn't use a pressure tank and no longer works properly. It draws water from our lake and has worked fine until recently. The problem I'm getting is that the pump appears to be surging (runs at normal speed for a few minutes then slows down...
  16. AbDIYer

Valve Box Contents

Hi all, I've had Rain Bird design an irrigation system for me, and I've taken it upon myself to work up the valve box...I'm not a fan of burying utilities, especially when I'm likely to need to replace pieces when they freeze (as I'm in a Northern Climate). Here is the picture of a basic...
  17. stew1234

Broken Irrigation Pipe, galvanized steel

Hey folks, I've just bought my first house a few weeks ago and have my first issue I'm hoping to resolve. I found a leak in my irrigation, there used to be a nipple that ran up above ground, and was just capped off, but the horizontal pipe broke off at the elbow joint. (I'm not really sure how...
  18. Roger Striffler

New pump, can't maintain pressure

I've recently replaced my sprinkler system pump with a 1 HP shallow well pump from Harbor Freight. The pump turns on, runs and seems so far to maintain a prime. The problem is, it does not build any pressure; the pressure gauge stays at zero and only one sprinkler head runs. I also have an...
  19. Robert Leise

PVC, What type of fittings/solvent do I need to use

I am a third year plumbing apprentice swapping out a vacuum breaker for a side job. I do commercial work and am not familiar with the irrigation supply line. 1” IPS PVC1120 SDR 21. (Photo below) I need to offset over bc the vacuum breaker outlet is on the opposite side of the old one. Not sure...
  20. Masonb09

Multiple Zones on 1 Valve

Good morning, first time posting here. So I have been having some issues with my Weathermatic irrigation system. I noticed my sprinklers in the back yard were not coming on, as well as my MVP solenoid was broke (MVP box had the manual lever set to on, no wire nuts or waterproofing, and it was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks