gasket

1. MK2007

Tub drain leak at gasket

Hello - we are just wrapping up a small bath remodel. Our contractor installed a new tub and tile surround, but we discovered a very small leak under the tub at the shoe gasket. Thankfully I had him cut in a small 8x8 access panel from our bedroom so we could check for leaks. It is an acrylic...
  2. Mark Ezrin

Foam gasket needed

Hi, Probably an unusual request. I've got an old Moen liquid soap dispenser, Model 3910. I need to reinstall it and the one part that I can't find is what I'd describe as a foam gasket or seal. The original disintegrated after 19 years. It goes between the Brass Escutcheon (see diagram) and...
  3. Peter Dolan

Sink Water not Draining, No Blockage

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with a sink I'm fitting not draining even though there isn't a blockage (maybe). Quick background, I am putting the sink into my wife's business. There was a large ceramic sink with copper and steel piping that...
  4. Toddy

Leaking Porcher Veneto 1-Piece Toilet

I'm trying to replace the gasket (part #7 in the diagram), which I have except cannot figure out how to remove the lower valve housing. Does it need to be rotated counter-clockwise or clockwise, or just pulled out? Seems to be stuck and I'm worried I'll break the lower plastic legs connecting...
  5. JodyLyne

Aquastar 125 leak

I just did a descale on my Aquastar 125blp tankless water heater. After cleaning the inlet water filter, I reconnected the inlet line using the old gasket. It leaks a lot. Wondering if an old gasket could cause a major leak like that or if I torqued the connection too much and damaged the...
  6. Michele Lish

Can't Replace Gasket in Tub

I have an old tub that may or may not have leaked... long story. Because I thought it was a water leak from this tub, I removed the drain flange, cleaned all the old hard putty around the drain hole and the threads of the flange (which should not have needed to be cleaned, but someone put putty...
  7. sandyjb

Plumbers putty or rubber gasket under sink flange (stainless steel sink)?

The manufacturer of the new Garbage Disposal we are installing in a couple days says IF you have a stainless steel sink do not use plumber putty under the sink flange when installing, use the rubber gasket they provide instead. Well, I understand they are the manufacturer, but I am more...
  8. Steve Lumplow

What is happening here? Tub overflow wierdness

Hello everyone!! My second floor tub leaks out the front of my house when my kids bathe and slosh water to the front of the tub and overflow. I attempted to replace the gasket but this does not look as I expected. Any Idea what is going on? Is this tub failure and the pipe pushed through?
  9. rmcderm313

Boiler circulator pump leaking flange/gasket replacement

Hi All, I've got a leaking circulator pump on my boiler. It appears that the gasket has failed and the exposure has done some damage to the flange and possibly the pump housing as well. I'm certainly no plumber but I'm pretty handy, so I'm going to try and replace this myself. Here is a link...
  10. Tracy R

Adhesive for pitiless adapter gasket

I have a Merrill MCK pitiless adapter kit. I have water leaking inside the well casing, between the adapter and it's gasket every time I try to restart my system. Upon inspection, I found that the gasket only has two small dabs of adhesive holding it in place. What kind of adhesive do I use to...
  11. KAW

Will a sponge (vs rubber) gasket feel damp even when connected properly?

Trust me I already know it seems like a dumb question but do sponge style tank gasket get damp? I've always used a more solid rubber gasket between a tank and a seat and now I'm stuck having used a foam/sponge style for a repair at my mother's. Stick a paper towel between the tank and the seat...
  12. Desert Lion

How I repaired flush gasket on Kohler Rialto 3402PB

I have a Kohler Rialto 3402PB toilet, http://www.designtool.kohler.com/us/detail.jsp?item=9548202 This is Kohler's photo: This was installed new when I had my house remodeled in 1986. It's in the guest bathroom so it didn't get a lot of use. The filler began running for a few seconds every...
  13. Henry Ramsey

Bathroom sink tailpiece rubber gasket will not fit properly

So I have a bathroom sink I just installed with new tile countertop etc. Standard Kohler Glacier Bay sink from Home Depot. Original glued in pipe had a 45 bend in it which was not allowing the new sink to align with it. Cut all of that off and installed new plumbing from wall out. I put the...
  14. Aurelia

Vaseline to fix Gasket Leaking(?)

Hello, I live in a 13 year old apartment and the original toilet is an Eljer brand. Downstairs unit had some water leak through their ceiling a few days ago and is guessing it's coming from our toilet. Supervisors came in and flushed the toilet a few times, but no new water appeared downstairs...
  15. gwa000

Replacing bathtub shoe gasket

bathtub (second floor) shoe gasket was leaking. could see where it was leaking from after removing wet ceiling on first floor. believe that the gasket has been bad for a long time as i would occasionally see water spots intermittently when my sons lived home. i believe it did not show up...
  16. Navrik

Wax Versus Non-Wax Toilet Seals

Hello everyone, I'm new to this website and wondering how the Community thought about Toilet Seals. If costs were not an issue, and based solely on performance and reliability, which type of Toilet Seal would you recommend when installing a Toilet? 1) Tradition Wax 2) Tradition Wax WITH...
  17. Tom Szontagh

Leakno wax free toilet gasket

My friend and I have developed a new wax free toilet ring/gasket. I believe this toilet ring is the best option available. This product is soon to hit the market this summer. If you are interested, you can read about it and see the amazing torture tests we put it through at www.toiletgasket.com.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks