shutoff

1. Nay

Low water pressure after remodel

Hello. I had to change my entire shower and I put a shutoff valve on the cold and hot water lines. They stayed off (and uncapped- I only recently learned about caps) for just over 2 months. The line goes bathroom sink-> shower-> kitchen sink. Ever since I put the shut off valves on, the water...
  2. Vdawg

Replacing shutoffs on PEX-A

I'm considering purchasing a production home that will be built with PEX-A. The builder appears to be using Accor shutoff valves, which I'd plan to replace fairly soon after moving in. But I could foresee an issue with the stub-outs being fairly short meaning simply cutting off the old valve...
  3. M F

Main water Shut Off

Hello, Here is a picture to the water valve shutoff for my house: https://imgur.com/AhbTqfw I need to turn the main water valve off and I can't seem to be able to locate it. I turned the screw pointed to by the green arrow until it was all the way against the pipe. When I initially approached...
  4. Vinnie B

Trouble with Bathroom Shutoff

Hi. I'm a relatively newbie to plumbing and am having trouble replacing a toilet supply line. It looks pretty straightforward - jsut a nut on the bottom of the tank and one at the shutoff, but there is no nut on the shutoff - it jsut goes right into the valve. (See pic). Does this mean I...
  5. waefish

Replace Gate valve (no pipe slack)

Hi Terry, I need to replace two gate valves in my home. One valve is locked up, and the other appears to have a broken stem. The regulator can be remove but there is no play in the pipes that will allow me to separate and reconnect the joints. The two pipes that feed outdoor faucets exit to...
  6. Terry

Replacing Qest / Quest shutoffs

Sometimes we need to replace Qest shutoffs. Normally after there has been a big flood in a home, and the insurance company wants the rest of them replaced. I have never been a big fan of plastic shutoffs in homes. They are sometimes called Quest, but that's just one too many letters. Here is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks