main sewer line

1. Paul E.

Recommended Backfill Material - New Sewer Line in Yard

I am running a new sewer line in my front yard. I've trenched 60' and now need to add some bedding material for the 4" pipe. Locally I can get sand, gravel, decomposed granite, pea gravel, and road base. Any reason to use one over the other? The existing soil is 4-5 inches of top soil...
  2. tsos93

What happens if the flange knockout goes down the pipe??

Hi, I live in the city and I'm remodeling my upstairs bathroom. My flange knockout cap accidentally went down the 4in ASB pipe. How serious of an issue is this? What do I need to do to get it out? I've gotten some mixed answers. I had a plumber come and he scoped it out and found it to be about...
  3. RapaNui

Downstairs Toilet Bubble Explosion, Floor Drain Overflows -No Apparent Clog in Plumbing or Vent Pipe

Hi all, This past Summer we purchased our first house, a split-level from the 1960's. With this purchase we had the sewer line inspected by camera and cleaned a couple months after we moved in. Since we've had the house, the basement toilet splashes when upstairs toilet is flushed. These...
  4. JD3263

Main Sewer Line Clog

Hello, I believe I have a clog in the main line and I'm hoping to get some advice regarding next steps. Symptoms: 1. Bathroom towards the back of the house - toilet won't flush and water is coming up through the tub drain. Running water in the bathroom sink also causes it to come through the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks