cast iron tub

1. Rebecca Teichman

Vintage cast iron tub with original plumbing - how to replace?

We have a 100-year old cast iron tub that is still in great shape and we'd like to re-use. However, the external hot/cold controls and waste line have lost their ability to seal completely and are leaking. We are having a hard time figuring out how we either: 1. seal the hole in the porcelain...
  2. aphex732

Tub that won't drain - clogged vent pipe?

I have an old cast iron tub that fills up with water and drains very slowly when the shower is on. It has an old style cleanout outside the tub as shown in these pictures: https://imgur.com/a/1U0qm When the cleanout is in the fully closed, normal position the tub does not drain. As soon as I...
  3. jcy110

How to lift a cast iron tub, 1 man, no sweat!

Got a Kohler Bellwether cast iron tub. It weighs over 300 lbs. Since I am a one man operation I had to be able to get the tub leveled on my own, or if necessary take it back out on a dolly. The come along is supported by a 4x4 and can slide in and out on the 2x6's to change the angle of...
  4. Tex13

Cast iron Tub

I'm having my bath remodeled and unfortunately had to fire the 1st contractor. So it's complicated... My new contractor uses a different plumber , who bills separately. His charge to install a Kohler Bellwether castiron tub (I bought the tub) in an alcove (ground floor-single story, slab...
  5. Terry

Demo a cast iron tub with a sledge hammer.

I've mentioned using a sledge hammer on a cast iron tub before. I even have some nice pictures of that. Here is a recent demo job I did on a cast iron tub. Always cover the tub before hitting it. I use bisqueen, or some other plastic sheeting to contain the slivers of glass that come off the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks