air gap

1. diytaylor

Help + Advice Needed Please! Air Gap Leaking from Backwash Drain Lines

I live in a very rural area where there are almost zero reliable contractors/plumbers. Almost everyone I’ve hired over the last three years, I’ve had to redo some (or all) of their work. So I’ve relied on forums like this (THANK YOU!) and hundreds of hours of research to try and find decent...
  2. Bill Sinclair

Iron filter

Hi, I just installed an Iron filter that backwashes every 2 weeks. ( up to 100 gallons ea ) My well tank and filter are in the basement. I'm also on a brand new septic system. I do not believe I should flush all the backwash through the septic system. I will be installing a French drain and if...
  3. David Ades

Double Kitchen Sink with Floor Drain and Disposer

We have a double kitchen sink and are replacing the old disposer that quit. The new disposer is "unexpectedly" wider and will make connecting to the floor drain very tight if even possible. Unfortunately, as you can see these PVC connections are on top of each other so no room for cutting and...
  4. Bruce Hinton

Whirlpool water softener discharge problems

Installation guide said to have air gap, my unit discharged so much water so fast that I had to improvise; still it overflowed a 2 gal bucket with 1/2" garden hose draining it. I have simply routed the drain hose, which is correct for their fitting, out to ground level. I cannot find a simple...
  5. Chip23

Dishwasher incompletely draining

I have an issue with an asko dishwasher regarding incomplete drainage. Upon cycle completion, the dishes are clean but 500-1000cc of water is in the unit. By holding down the STOP/START button for 3 seconds, the machine drains so there is less than 50-100cc water in machine. I have removed and...
  6. Brian Kelsey

Dishwasher air gap when not connected to a sink

Good Morning! I have a unique dishwasher installation that needs to be modified for an upcoming remodel. My current installation has the dishwasher drain plumbed into a shared standpipe with the laundry on the opposite wall, which fulfills the air gap requirement. The standpipe is inside the...
  7. Troodon

Disposal Air Gap Hose Installation Causing Smells?

Hi Everyone, We've been noticing nasty smells off and on after we wash our dishes in the dishwasher. Egg-like smells, or sometimes just old food smells that stick to dishes and sometimes glasses. Opening the dishwasher in the morning, you can sometimes smell it from a couple yards away. We...
  8. rrando

Installing air gap with uneven countertop bottom

I am installing a dishwasher air gap in a granite countertop and the undermount sink flange is very close to the hole for the air gap. So the bottom nut only contacts the sink flange on one side and does not make contact with the countertop on the opposite side. There is about a 1/8 inch...
  9. JDkimes

Under counter air gap for dishwasher

Is there such a thing as an undercounter air gap? Is an air gap needed or required if drains to disposal?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks