pressure tank

1. B

1 Well 2 houses 2 Pressure tanks?

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of building a new home behind my current residence, and I'm exploring options for the water supply system. Currently, I have a well connected to a pressure tank outside my existing home. With the new construction, I'm contemplating using one pump to supply water...
  2. emstone

Booster Pump Pressure Tank and Water Velocity/Turbulence => Pinhole Leaks?

I'm looking for and would appreciate some someone independent advice on this issue because every plumber and water quality expert gives me a different answer. Setup: 1994 Construction, Large home with many feet of copper pipes and an guest house that is quite far away. Current: Water Storage...
  3. Vincent McMahon

Pressure / Expansion Tank

Hi folks, I had a plumber in this morning looking at what it would take to run a dedicated cold line to feed my second floor. Right now it's a single line that feeds both floors. While he was there he said that I should have a small pressure/expansion tank on my water heater. It's a common 40 -...
  4. S

Pressure Tank Not Filling With Water

Hello all, First time posting in here, hoping for some help before I have to spend hundreds of dollars getting someone to come out and look at it. A few years ago we built an addition to my in-laws place for us to live in. To help with the additional people now living on the property, and the...
  5. I

Low pressure & flow problem

I've been experiencing low water pressure and flow. I started checking it over the last few weeks. Pressure fluctuates but it usually hovers between 12 and 24 PSI. Flow also fluctuates. The best I've measured is 1.5 GPM, but that's rare. It's been as low as almost 0.5 GPM at times. I let...
  6. W

Questions about pressure tank and cycling

Hi all, i'm new here and this is my first time owning a house with a well. Is the gauge on the pressure tank supposed to go in between 45 and 70 psi back and forth as water is being used? (video: ) Is this called short cycling? There is also clicking sounds and vibrations when it hits 70psi...
  7. M

I have a ut120 retention tank. Can I use it as the pressure tank in a well system?

I bought a used retention tank with the intent of using it as a pressure tank for my new well. Now, I am realizing that it may not work in that application. It is a model UT-120 manufactured by Structural North America. Is this possible? Does anyone have any experience using a retention tank in...
  8. S

Two pressure tanks at different pressures?

Hi there! I have a large (too large!) capacity well pump suppling irrigation, which cycles on and off too quickly. Pressure activated, currently 40-60, with a 6 gallon pressure tank at 37psi. I am planning on adding a 24 gallon tank, and was thinking of charging it with air to 50psi - what do...
  9. Roam

Pressure tanks in series: different capacities

Hey all, I have a fairly large system on which I am looking to install multiple pressure tanks (air bladder type). There are currently two 80L tanks hooked up and I am looking at adding a 300L as a third. Question: if I install pressure tanks of different capacities in series on the same...
  10. CommanderDave

Timer for Pressure Tank Switch

Hi. Like to know if a timer can be wired into a pressure tank pressure switch, and what the diagram would look like. Here's the situation: - I installed an additional deep well next to a pond on my property to supplement the water level. The well feeds a yard hydrant to the pond. When we dug...
  11. Cooch17

Immediate loss of ~PSI when pump kicks off

Greetings -- I have a 1500 gallon underground cistern, which is fed by my shallow, low yield well (once an hour, water shoots over from well to the storage tank). I have a submerged pump in the storage tank that serves water to the two pressure tanks I have in the basement of the house. 60/40...
  12. KBradley

Well Pump & Pressure Tank - layout/plumbing advice

Need to replace my pressure tank. Going with a larger Pentair WM-14WB (47 gal) fiberglass tank and a conventional tee at the bottom with integral pressure gauge & cut-off switch. Originally wanted to go with the Flex-Lite FL17, but no stock anywhere, unless you want to pay double the price...
  13. Ron Benchetrit

Well pump intermittently struggling to refill pressure tank

Hi all, We’ve recently done some work replacing the plumbing between our pressure tank, water softener, GE Filter and UV Filter with PEX lines. Pressure in all house faucets and shower are fine. The pressure switch looks ok turning the pump on at 45psi and off at 65psi. When all is good, the...
  14. gieni8

Submersible pump in lake, where to put pressure tank

I’m going to be installing a 3/4 hour submersible in a lake. I have a pump shed down at the water that used to house the old jet pump and pressure tank. The shed has power, and can be heated, but through the winter is expensive. The house is 70 ft uphill from the lake. Ideally I’d run a new wire...
  15. Havey

Ritchie Livestock Water System

Hello, I am looking to install a Ritchie Water System on the farm. I have a well with a submersible pump that runs 400 feet through the pasture and into the pressure tank in the house. The well line comes up through the floor in the basement. I also have water in the barn running from the same...
  16. Jcwright30

Pressure Tank & Pump Setup with Elevated Cistern - Need Advice!

First my setup (see pics): I have a spring fed cistern (600+ gallons). Call this at 600' above sea level. This cistern runs down to a bank barn. Call this at 500' above sea level. From the barn it feeds into the house. Call this 510' above sea level. I have a yard hydrant at the barn which...
  17. wgadsby

Pressure Tank Tee fittings

My water system recently developed a pinhole leak in the pipe from the pressure tank tee to the pressure tank. The tank is an Amtrol WX-203 and is over 20 years old, so I've decided to replace it with an identical one, along with the associated fittings. I've attached a picture. The gray...
  18. masonnjit2

2 Houses, 2 Pressure Tanks, One Well

I have a 3 unit house running with a pressure tank and a deep 2 wire well. I have a garage with an apartment over it that i need to get water to. Right now i have a pressure tank in the new apartment with a 1" line running to the well with a 3 wire cable. I want to be able to run both the...
  19. MissBoogers

Pressure Tank/Switch Questions

Hi all! We recently bought a new, two-story house and were not happy with the water 'pressure', or flow rate(I've been reading and educating myself ;)), especially in the second floor master bath. We just upgraded from a 20-something gal tank with a 30/50 switch to an 86 gal tank with a 40/60...
  20. Glo

Well failure?

Pretty serious problem, don't know what to do next. New pressure tank, new pressure switch, new control box, new inside plumbing. No water. Pulled the pump, had it checked. It's good and pumps strong. Isolated all wiring [well wire, control box wiring to the well outside of the house and to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks