kitchen sink drain

1. PianoMannick

Lowering kitchen sink drain height - copper drain pipe

Hello I'm renovating my kitchen and wanted to add a garbage disposal. House was built in the late 50s and drain enters wall too high for a disposal to fit. As you can see in the picture, I have copper drain pipe. It seems easy enough to just cut and add a Fernco coupling at the height I need it...
  2. younggarfield

Constant Clog Kitchen Sink Plumbing...baffled

Hi Plumbers, Thank you for any insight you can offer I have this kitchen sink where the horizonal pipe underneath is constantly clogged up with this sewage smelling debris despite hardly ever using the right side. At first I removed the horizontal pipe and cleaned it thinking it would fix the...
  3. TucsonTerry

Strainer Drain - Cross Threaded

I usually DIY, but after spending close to $1,000 on a new sink & fixtures I decided to hire a professional to install them. Unfortunately, he cross threaded the steel retaining nuts on two Kohler Duostrainers K-8799-VS. Then, he overtightened the screws, bending the nuts themselves. The nuts...
  4. johnblank79

Kitchen Sink DIY Advice

Two main questions as I set out to replace all the current drain parts and install a new garbage disposal. 1) Going from male threaded pipe to PVC at the wall: As pictured, threaded male pipe coming out of wall. I plan to remove all but the main stub and somehow do a transition from that...
  5. Brent

P Trap in kitchen sink too low

I am doing a remodel and installing a new kitchen sink and cabinets in a 100 year old house. The P trap is too low. I know I can cut the bottom of the cabinet but am not thrilled about it. Is there a way I can make the bottom the clean out and the top hole the plumbing that connects to the p...
  6. Mirage_Man

Kitchen sink drain height problem

Hello all, first post here. I am in the process of remodeling our kitchen. New granite counter tops and a stainless steel under-mount sink are going in as part of the remodel. I'm in Florida. Our house was built in 1973. It's a block home and the wall the kitchen sink is on is on an exterior...
  7. Ron Franssen

Kitchen sink drain

Hello, here's a quick description. Using a large (deep) farmhouse sink with single discharge. Garbage disposer is also large. Only about 4 inches between edge of disposer and the stub out on the wall. Is it acceptable to put a 45 on the stub out (not going up or down but rather parallel) to...
  8. Zac

What is my sink problem???

I am having a problem with my new sink setup. I had a double bowl and went to a single bowl sink. Now when I put water in the sink the water drains slowly UNLESS i take my finger and push the disposal guard down to increase the opening more, then once I do that there are a bunch of air bubbles...
  9. Matt M.

Double Bowl Kitchen Sink Drain Gurgle

Hi All, I’ve lived in my current house for about 8 years, and we’ve always had some slow drainage/gurgling issues with our kitchen sink. When you first start running water, there are no gurgling/draining issues. Once you start washing some dishes is when the drainage issues kick in. It seems...
  10. Baris yilmaz

Double kitchen Sink slow draining

Hey I did chemicals first then took out all pipes and did hand snake and after that installed new garbage disposal hoping it will give some push but none helped to solve the issue. it is still clogging or drain very slowly and when I run the disposer water goes to other sink. Please take a...
  11. Vin_ny

Kitchen Sink Tailpiece/Strainer

Hello. I'm at a loss right now. I have a 1-1/2" brass tailpiece with a wye and am trying to hook it up to the strainer. However, the 1-1/2" rubber washer made for the brass sits half inside the bottom of Strainer and half around the tailpiece and it leaks once I tighten. Do they make like 1-5/8"...
  12. DIY_Scott

I am in need of options for my kitchen sink drain

I will be the first to admit and take the blame for hiring the world's worst remodeling contractor for my kitchen and bath remodel or one that is doing work based on things he apparently learned in the 70's on rental housing. Anyway, I was reading some threads on this site about the kitchen...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks