remodel

1. shim

Accidentally cut off corner of 3 inch ABS fitting! Is it still good to use??

Hi everyone! This is my first post here, I hope I can get some valuable feedback and advice from all of you. I am currently remodeling my washroom. I noticed that my toilet flange was broken and was causing my toilet to rock back and forth. I decided that I would replace the toilet flange...
  2. B

Removed wet bar......now what?

Recently removed a wet bar and wanted to get some advice. The house was built in 1978 and is a four level split. I removed the wet bar which is located on the lower level slab of the split. The supply lines and drain are approximately 6ft into the slab from the basement block. The supply line...
  3. T

Used wrong size trowel for wall tile

Good Evening, I installed 12x24 wall tile in my shower remodel. I realize now that I should have used a 1/2 x 1/2 trowel, but used a 1/4"x1/4" trowel. I back buttered and troweled each tile as well as the wall. I pullled up tiles every so often and always had good coverage of the back. The...
  4. M

Bathroom Remodel Options - Double Sink Vanity & Drainage

Hi All, First time poster and first time remodeling a bathroom. I'm looking to add a double sink vanity where there used to be just a single sink. As shown in the attached images, the old drain pipe came out of the shower wall and through the side of the old vanity (Image 1) with no vent or...
  5. Rodsgal

Bad smell in new addition

A few years ago we added onto our house. The addition now sits on part of what was the backyard. The sewer clean out pipe is now covered by the addition, but it was capped off and relocated by a professional plumber. Each fall when the temperatures begin to drop a bad smell comes from that...
  6. Vci15

Installing New Kohler Bathtub, Vertical Pipe (Vent Stack?) in the Way

My bathroom (house built in 2002) is on the top floor of the home (3 floors) and I was able to remove the existing bathtub and now I'm preparing to put in the Kohler Underscore 60x30 bathtub Of course with my luck there seems to be a problem. There is a black pipe (vent stack?) that is going...
  7. Katehis24

Basement Plumbing Layout (New York Code)

Hey guys, I'm redoing the plumbing in the basement bathroom since it was never vented properly. I cut all the existing pipes out. I re-connected a new 3-inch pvc into the existing 3 in pvc that led to the stack that goes to the street. I would like to know if everything is up to code for NY...
  8. Webdood90

Bathroom remodel, drain/vent design

Hi there. I'm planning to redo all of the plumbing in my upstairs bathroom. The drains and vents are the part I'm least confident in doing correctly. I'm in Denver which uses IPC. Below is a picture of my current plumbing and the changes I would like to make. There is currently one vent for...
  9. Bshmstr

Best Option for Laundry Drain Tie In?

I am in the process of adding a washer and dryer on the second floor of my two story home. They will be located on the other side of the wall from a bathroom group (tub/shower, toilet, and lavatory) so I have relatively good access for routing the drains and supply lines. My question is what is...
  10. RMWM

New shower reduced pressure-GrohFlex

Forgive my novice here, I'm a homeowner of a house with some strange plumbing issues so have used this forum for advice several times in the past, but wanted to ask the experts. Just had my bathroom shower remodeled (handheld and showerhead, no tub). Had no issues with water pressure in the...
  11. JoeNW

Help Needed: Bathroom Plumbing Layout

Hi Everyone, I'm remodeling my old house and am not a plumber. I've read on the forums and tried to make sense of the code check book. Of all the trades I've had to do during this remodel - plumbing is the hardest and I have lots of respect for the problems that plumbing professionals solve...
  12. PerryNotMason

Adding a 2nd floor bathroom - venting and drain questions (see diagram)

Greetings, and thanks in advance for any input! Novice plumber (but quick learner, i think) here. I purchased a 1923 house recently that had a leak coming from the toilet on the first floor. Subfloor was rotten, and has since been replaced. There was a hole in the old lead(?) flange, and so I...
  13. Justin_P

Moving Drains Under Slab

Hi, I'm remodeling an old bathroom built in the late 70s and am swapping out the cast iron tub for a new, larger walk-in shower. I am moving the shower drain from the tub location to be centered on the shower floor. I also need to move the toilet over to make room for the new shower. I just got...
  14. hbarkley

Will my plumbing remodel work (horizontal wet vent)?

Hey everyone, I'm at the plumbing stage of my DIY master bathroom remodel. I have some questions/concerns with how I've organized the layout for the fixtures. The information is in the pictures below. For reference, I live in North Carolina which I believe follows the IPC. I'd prefer to...
  15. Rich_Davison

80 year old bath remodel

Bath remodel on 80 year old house. Southwest Michigan This house was apparently built before public utilities and the bath added when public water and sewer arrived. It essentially unchanged since then. I have included sketches which I hope show clearly my intentions. Basically new fixture...
  16. Yazen

Basement Bathroom Remodel Venting questions

Hey all, First time posting from Lynchburg, VA. Did quite a bit of reading on IPC codes and what my options are for doing a basement bathroom remodel from a half bath to a 3/4 bath. I have added a lot of pictures because the current rough in piping doesn't seem to make sense to me...I can...
  17. Cory Simonson

Venting outside an exterior wall

I'm not a pro plumber, but I've come to respect your trade immensely as I've remodeled my 100 yr old home over the years. My current project involves turning a room that is not a bathroom into a bathroom. I've got ample attic space above the proposed bathroom, but finding a clear route up to...
  18. Geoff Rhodes

Do I need more venting? Bathroom remodel

I am remodeling my bathroom, and I have run into a venting issue (maybe?). My original plumbing was all copper with soldered brass joints, and was laid out as shown in this picture: https://photos.app.goo.gl/RJzD8qtoRF42YRcn6 There were no auxiliary vents leading from the sink or shower back...
  19. chuc

Shower system help

Hi all, Thanks in advance for any help here. We are doing a bathroom remodel and I feel like everyone I talk to gives me a different answer--even employees at the same plumbing supply store. I'm hoping to arrive at some sort of consensus. Our bathroom is completely torn apart, but here is a...
  20. Interior Designer

Cracked Concrete Mortar Shower Pan Pour

Hello Friends with Good Advice, I am in the middle of a tub to shower renovation. 1. Plumber dug (10" x 18" ) concrete hole to access drain. (Plumber said NO COVER was needed over the hole. Said vinyl liner with concrete would be solid.) 2. I covered the open hole with a (24" x 48") piece...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks