sterling

1. B

Sterling Vikrell Nail to Stud Question

Hello! First-timer doing a shower install, it's a Sterling Vikrell shower pan and liner. Hoping for some guidance. The flange along the sides of the liner have little dimples where the material is thinner, this is where they recommend nailing/screwing to the studs. This is a 39" unit...
  2. Capt. Skinny

Sterling caulk-free shower kits - waterproof, but what about steam?

I recently came across the Sterling caulk-free modular alcove shower lines. I'll accept that the seams are waterproof, but without any sort of gasket or sealant I'm worried that water vapor could still make its way through the seam to the backside of the shower. Does anyone have experience with...
  3. Jim Humphrey

Installing Above Floor Rough-In Tub

I'm new to the forum and was hoping to get some advice before I screw something up. I bought a Sterling Vikrell tub ( model 71111122-0) and I'm about to install it directly on a concrete slab floor. The floor is off level by about 1/4". This is an above floor rough in tub so it sits on a...
  4. viennashade

Caulkless Shower on Exterior Wall - What Insulation?

Had "Accord Smooth" tub & shower by Sterling Kohler installed. The long side wall of the shower is on an exterior wall. Previous shower was installed on regular bare drywall so I had them take that all out. Sterling insists the unit has to be installed direct to the studs; I understand part of...
  5. quietstorm

Sterling ensemble curve shower/tub surround

I recently had a sterling ensemble curve bath/shower surround installed. My plumber did not use any metal or plastic clips on the tub flange to the studs, Instead he put screws through the flange of the tub directly into the studs. There is also a gap all the way around the front edge of the tub...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks