solar

1. OffGrid1

Solar power pump advice

Hi all, I just purchased 5 acres of land in rural Washington state. I dug my well and initially had 4 gallons per minute at 310 feet. I then deepened the well to 400 feet where I got 25 gallons of water per minute. The static water level is about 150 feet. We would like to break ground in...
  2. AMFarms

Lake Water System Setup

Hey all. My partner and I recently purchased an off grid property with a legal water license to pull water from the lake for domestic use. The property has a well that was drilled four years ago and produces approx 0.25 GPM.... hence why we are exploring the lake option first. The lake shore is...
  3. Blake Lemmons

Can’t find local help for well issues

Hi. I am new to this forum, though I have searched it a number of times. We bought a house on 8 acres about a year ago, 2 story and about 2700 daft with 2.5 baths. We are new to having wells. We have two wells, but the older we’ll was “turned off”, or so we thought, but it turns out the power...
  4. Dave DB

Solar Pool Water Heater for Pool with Chlorine - How to

Hi all, So I want to put up a Solar Pool Water Heater for a Chlorine Pool. I want to start off super simple and then develop this into a better system as time goes on. To start off, I simply want to put the piping right onto the Garage Roof. All the filter and pool pump mechanics are already...
  5. TheOverThinker

How can I tell if a roof drain waste vent is no longer connected below?

I have a 1.5" galvanized plumbing vent that comes up out of a wall.... yet there's nothing obviously below it. The other vents all match up to fixtures below... this one not so much. This is a 1926 home, two story, stucco, lathe and plaster. How can I determine where it goes, and if it's...
  6. TheOverThinker

Offsetting 1.5" galvanized on a 22.5 degree angle? How? Possible?

To make room for a solar panel layout, I'd like to extend the following plumbing penetration to a spot higher on the roof. At this time I have access from above to the pipe embedded in the wall, and access to the roof below the 6" dimensional rafters. The roof pitch is 6:12, which means 22.5...
  7. Hal_Ferguson78

Pump fail on SQFlex, replace with 115vac inverter driven?

Greetings Forum! My Grundfos Model 3 SQF-2 pump (part of their SQFlex system with CU200 controller and provided PV panels) has failed and am considering replacing the pump with a 115vac single phase pump of 1/2 HP or less. I pulled the pump, know that the cable is good, and that the pump...
  8. bohintze

Replacing Solar Hot Water Tank

I have a typical solar hot water system with roof mounted panels and an external heat exchanger module plumbed to an 80 gallon glass lined storage tank that preheats water to a hybrid heat pump hot water tank I will need to replace the storage/preheat tank that has begun to leak after 7 yrs...
  9. bohintze

Replacing Solar Storage Tank

I have a typical solar hot water system with roof mounted panels and an external heat exchanger module plumbed to an 80 gallon glass lined storage tank that preheats water to a hybrid heat pump hot water tank I will need to replace the storage/preheat tank that has begun to leak after 7 yrs...
  10. PaulaK

Best Solar Pump ?

Lookin for some educated well people to stir me in the right direction. I have a 366' deep in rock well, 6" casing, 85' static, 6gpm. I get average 4.4 daily sun. Want solar, grid AC when cloudy, and portable propane generator backup when grid down. Been looking at Franklin, Grundfos, and am...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks