clogged

1. E

Seeking insight-prevent clogged system

Hello. Seeking help. We have a 450’ well, sediment filter, high efficiency iron “cleer“ filter, and water softener that is two years old. The first year before the iron filter and softener, we thought our water was amazing, like a spring. Eight months in, we began experiencing intermittent...
  2. Kmcogar

Sewage smell in bathroom(s)

I have researched the issue of sewage smell in my bathroom quite a bit lately and I still have a few questions. I will try to be as descriptive as possible to clearly explain what's going on. House is on septic and was checked May of last year. Surveyors said it was one of the cleanest septic’s...
  3. Noah L

Laundry tub backs up - vent is used by water softener

Hey all, I was browsing other threads with clogged laundry tub problems and found some information but not what I was looking for in my particular case. I will preface this with I'm a pretty amateur plumber dude and am unfamiliar with terms you may use, so bear with me. I have a basement...
  4. B. Clark

Stumped by double vanity

Background Info: Upstairs double vanity. Both sinks won't drain. Sink 1 on L side; Sink 2 on R side. Sink 2 overflow connects to Sink 1's tailpiece. Single-piece vanity top. Troubleshooting Measures Taken: Pulled P-traps and tailpieces. Sink 1's tailpiece was full of sediment in overflow...
  5. Vaughn Eisler

Gurg-gurg sound and water backup in kitchen sink

Expert plumbers - I am seeking some guidance as a frequent DIYer but am new to plumbing. About a week ago I heard a glug-glug sound underneath my kitchen sink. Additionally, water all of a sudden started backing up into the sink. The water in the kitchen sink backs up either when I run the...
  6. Nes3p

Tankless Water Heater ruining appliances and clogging pipes!

Hello. We installed an electric tankless water heater a couple of years back. Ever since, we have had to occasionally take the hose off the back of the washing machine (stops getting hot water to it) and clean it out as it has become clogged with sediment/scales or whatever it is . Our shower...
  7. Timothy Roy

White Pieces clogging faucet and shower aerators!!

Just purchased a manufactured home and shortly after moving in I noticed some white shelly/plastic like particles clogging my sink and shower aerators. I contacted the local plumber who suggested that I install a water softener and sediment filter due to the home operating on well water. I now...
  8. Alvarezb18

Toilet just fills up and then will slowly drain but nothing will gown down but water.

When I flush my toilet it fills up to the rim with water. It will then drain slowly but not even a piece of toilet paper will go down the drain. I've tried plunging it and nothing is coming up like it had a clog. I plunged and flushed about 30 times. I then did the soap and hot water method...
  9. KBrum

Garbage Disposal Clogged - already used a 25' snake

Hello all. I'm in need of some help as I have very little plumbing knowledge and this is the first time I've had a disposal in my home. My garbage disposal is backing up into my sinks. I started with a sink plunger (but didn't cover the sink overflow to increase pressure), followed it with...
  10. Sammy - NYP

Children's Center: Solution for flushing wipes

Plumbing Novice here! I run a large networks of daycares in a large city. Even if we do not provide wipes in the bathrooms and changing tables, nannies and moms still throw wipes and whole diapers down the drain. Pipes at many of the locations are constantly ruined, overflowing, or causing...
  11. Gokudomo

Complete system clog

Alright, so after multiple attempts using draino and 1/4" snake auger I still have a clogged system. I went to home Depot and picked up a 1/2" 50' snake auger. Went under the house to the cleanout end, opened it up and shoved pretty much all 50' into the straight pipe pushing in and out...
  12. Genamarie

Drainage problem only in one bathroom.

I'm new to forum posting so sorry in advance if this is jumbled. We have a bathroom on each side of the house, and the one furthest away from our Septic Tank is having drainage issues. The toilet has been "slow" flushing for a little while now, but the past week or two, at least a couple times a...
  13. Terry

Clogged and plugged sewer line

Here is a clogged and plugged sewer line that I found this week. The water was backing up into the tub with no movement. Previously this year I had pulled a toilet and had Walt run a snake down the line to clear it. He thought that I should add a cleanout outside the home for the next time. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks