brass

1. Todd1561

Sealing stainless and brass

My apologies if this has come up before, I’ve been searching for quite some time without success. I’m going to be joining a type 304 stainless steel female NPT with a brass male. I’ve read that for 2 stainless fittings special Teflon tape is needed to prevent galling. But I can’t get a clear...
  2. RuralAtlantic

Connecting brass P-trap to ABS drain, without slip joint

I'm trying to connect a 1-1/4" brass p-trap (for an exposed vanity) to the 1-1/2" ABS drain line. The challenge is that the wall that the drain is in is very shallow (about 2.5") and the pipe escutcheon/flange is not deep enough to cover an entire slip join, it is just deep enough to cover the...
  3. sajarac

Connecting a 1.1/2" to 1" Brass pipe

Hi there, Is there any way to connect a 1.1/2" to 1" brass pipe using a reducer or fitting? Thanks in advance for any help.
  4. Dan Laffitte

Iron to brass to lead toiler riser

First time, long time - and thanks in advance. Information from this forum helped me update all the water piping in my new, old house. I have a 1938 fixer and am working to remodel a 1/2 bath. I think most of my questions were answered in a similar forum question here...
  5. Greg814

Installing new PRV valve

So I'm installing a new prv valve. My old one had failed and I had no flow. What would be the best way to attach the prv to pvc since it has metal threads. I've read where its best to try and avoid plastic to metal threads. I'm just a diy'er. Also where would be the best place to install a ball...
  6. Jackson882

Bond ABS and brass together

I have a freestanding bathtub with ABS waste and overflow and I need help connecting a brass tailpiece to this. What kind of cement will bond with these two materials
  7. iwatermx

Looking for old brass ceramic cartridge

Hi I am looking for this ceramic cartridge of a two handle mixer shower. Do you recognise it in these following pictures?
  8. Paul T.

FAUCET AND SHOWER BRAND HELP!!!!

I am trying to fix a customer’s shower faucet but I cannot find the brand of the shower valve. I have posted pictures of the shower handle and face plate with the handle removed. I have also posted a picture of the bathroom sink faucet because the handles are the same so I believe they are...
  9. tpcolson

DZR brass vs Lead-Free Brass

This is more of a philosophical question...years ago there were all the problems with brass fittings (Zurn) failing due to dezincification, so everyone switched to DZR brass. Now everyone's flipping out over lead content, so everyone's switching to lead-free brass, which....contains more than...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks