Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Kohler Santa Rosa K-3323 Product review and comments
1.6 gallon Ingenium flush, uses a 2" flush valve.
12" Rough-In
Comes with K-4664 seat

santa_rosa_side.jpg

Kohler K-3323-0 toilet in white, side view

santa_rosa_front.jpg

Kohler Santa Rose front view

santa_rosa_top.jpg

Kohler Santa Rose top view

santa_rosa_inside_tank.jpg

Kohler Santa Rosa, looking inside the tank.

The big black rubber washer under the flush valve can expand with age, and start to leak.
The Kohler comes with a Fluidmaster fill valve.
The flapper is for Kohler only.

If you are thinking of adding a bidet seat or washlet, the bolts are too close to the tank for that.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
santa_rosa_side.jpg

Notice how the trapway drops to the floor level, and that sharply turns toward the drain, and then a hole is cut on the bottom of the toilet for waste to drop down. This is where I find most of the clogs.
The bends are too tight.

It may be rated at 500 grams, but that is with test media of 3/4" by 4" plastic wrapped paste.
In homes, you may not be flushing items like that.
I replace quite a few of these for the leaking flush valve seal, and to replace with a better performing product.
Kids can do a number on these.

Last edited:

jkwi

Reaction score
replace flush valve?

How do you get the old flush valve out and new one in on this
one-piece? I have a genuine Kohler replacement flush valve kit but
no instructions came with it.

Does it screw in with the black rubber washer in between the plastic
and the tank?

Thanks for any help.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The soft foam rubber washer seems to expand over time and start to leak on the Santa Rosa.

I looked at the parts diagram, but can't determine from that whether it spins down, or clips down.

The Toto uses two brass blocks that tighten up with a screwdriver.
Those are easy to change out.

cheffish77

Reaction score
Good Experience With Kohler Santa Rosa

I recently bought this toilet at my local warehouse home improvement center where it was on sale for $200 it was a phenomenal deal on a one piece so we bought it and are extremely satisfied with it. It is a good alternative to the Cimarron one piece and has a similar style for half the price. Would recommend this toilet.

cwcw

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying this toilet as a non-comfort-height toilet (boy was THAT misnamed). Coping with what looks like an impossible rough-in in my bathroom, so may have the rough-in extended. Anyone notice that this has any more wiggle room than the 12"-minus-7/8" advertised? (I kind of doubt it since it's a one-piece.)

Would welcome any suggestions of similar-looking toilets that perform reasonably well, come in black, are not comfort-height, and aren't really really expensive. Also curious as to how swappable the handle on this model is with other Kohlers? I'd like to get one of the downward-pointing elegant handles I've seen on other models, vs. the Jetsons retro handle on this. (Well it's a cool handle but it makes me want to replan the whole bathroom redo with fins and neon.)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Black (almost) always adds a huge amount to the price of the toilet. Most toilets' clay is white, so to do a finish in black, the glaze has to be perfect, or you either get shades of grey or a white spot. With a white, or other light color, a slight variation in the thickness of the glaze isn't as critical nor does it usually show. If you can sit on a typical dining room chair, then the comfort height shouldn't be a problem, and you'll appreciate it as you get older. Comfort height is normally lower than a typical chair, while the 'old' standard often was an inch or more lower that that. My personal experience with things Kohler has not been great. A toilet that works well gets unnoticed...one that doesn't, is a pain for a very long time.

RedHouse

Reaction score
Satisfied with Kohler Santa Rosa

I bought this toilet at a local warehouse and I am extremely satisfied with it. It has better bowl wash and gets rid of solids better then the awful Toto Aquia in the other bathroom. NOT ONE CLOG IN 7+YEARS WITH THIS TOILET.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks