indirect water heater question

Users who are viewing this thread

greatwhite

Reaction score
hello. i have superstor 30 gal indirect and it is(was) great....when there was only 3 people in house. i need more hot water now that there are 5.

can i add another 30 gal elec plumbed in reverse storage configuration with circ pump connected to aquastat of elec tank and indirect tank as "heat source". i could boost temp of indirect to help recovery time and then temper down to 120 w/ valve?

does anyone think this will work? i already have small bronze circ pump (think 005) and small elec tank is less than $200. much less $$$ than second indirect and a 007 and less time/work than cutting into p/s system i have (i knew i should have left another set of closely spaced tee's.......)

any help / advice will be greatly appreciated.
p/s i could also then have tank's electric element connected once i get cash to have backup if boiler every goes.

thanks

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Yes you can and yes it will. Set the loop up to pump from the superstor into the electric tank/

greatwhite

Reaction score
thanks for reply

thank you for your reply. should i increase indirect's temp and if so what temp do you recommend ( with tempering valve, of course)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks