Baseboard Heater Clearance

Users who are viewing this thread

ohtara1211

Reaction score
I just tried to install a Toto Drake ADA toilet on a twelve inch rough. To my surprise it would not fit because the base will not clear the baseboard heater in back of the toilet like the original did. My contractor said I needed to buy a "high clearance toilet', but my local plumbing store looked at me like I had two heads. I guess I could go to a ten inch rough, but that would push the toilet out 2 more inches.

Does anyone make an ADA toilet where the base does not go as far as the back of the tank?? Thanks, Jeff

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A heater behind the toilet?

You might try the Gerber 21-318
or Toto Dalton CST734F

cst733f-02.jpg

Or perhaps the American Standard Cadet 3 which has space behind the bowl.

Last edited:

JDkimes

Engineer
Reaction score
Melting wax ring.

I was wondering if a heater or any other heat source that is very close to the toilet and/or flange might have a very good possibility of melting or at least severely softening the wax ring.
Is that possible? Does that happen?
Just a thought. Thankfully I don't have any heaters near a toilet (seems like a sanitary problem too- splashing, bad-aim etc)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks