Mouse in the vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

DumpyMcgee

AMERICAN STANDARD
Reaction score
Website
www.americanstandard-us.com
Ok, this one is a little strange... I go to my downstairs bathroom yesterday and see both of our cats sitting in front of the toilet bowl, swatting inside the bowl. I walk up to the toilet and see a tiny soaked mouse in the bowl....alive. Its the first mouse I've seen in the house (field mice in the basment yes.) Do you think he swam in from the vent? :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
a sewer mouse

He probably came up the sewer or fel down into
Field_Mice_Classification-fmclassification03__red.jpg

the vent on the roof and
almost drowned himself going through the
trap in the toilet bowl...

once had a customer that heard a terrible racket in his
bathroom and went in to find a half drowned
squirrel sitting on the bathroom floor that had
fallen down the 3 inch vent stack..and came up
throughthe toilet bowl..

Furd

Engineer
Reaction score
I have never seen this done but why couldn't a cage of hardware cloth be made and affixed to the vent pipe? If made a few inches long it would not change the free-air area a bit but it would keep critters (or their nuts) out of the vent.​

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Snakes aren't too uncommon down here, but I've yet to see a rodent. My cats would absolutely love a live toy. The wife would not.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
When I was a teenager, we had this old brownstone in Montreal, with a basement bathroom that my mother would not use... because she once saw a rat in the toilet. It happened another three times, in the two years we lived there, always after heavy rains. I found them twice, my sister the other time, but we only compared notes about 10 years later because we hadn't wanted mom to freak out...

...you sure it was a mouse, and not a baby rat?

DumpyMcgee

AMERICAN STANDARD
Reaction score
Website
www.americanstandard-us.com
lol... The cats are strictly the indoor type. The only other possibility I can think of is that he came in from the basement...got chased...and dove into the toilet to escape. From the comment above about rats though I think he looked more like one of them. Still need to get the pics off my camera. Then I'll let you guys be the judge.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks