Outdoor Faucet goes on full blast---twice now.

Users who are viewing this thread

nanny123

Reaction score
About same time last winter and now again, we have found our back faucet on full blast. ???
We have water in house so I don't think anything burst nor is it too cold here, really low at night-0 to 10 degrees, but we live in SE Utah, desert area. Our home is only 2 yrs old but is a modular home. NOT sure what else you need but suffice it to say, it causes us great concern and I cannot seem to find anything about this except for insulating pipes, etc... CAN SOMEONE HELP B4 WE HAVE TO CALL PLUMBER????????:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Arfeller

Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand the problem. Could you please elaborate on what you find when the water is running.

Are you saying you find your faucet turned on and you just twist the ball valve to turn it off again? Or are you having problems with pipes rupturing?

nanny123

Reaction score
OK, what is happening is: Outdoor faucet is mysteriously on full blast, is there anything that causes that, besides neighbor kids?? : ) It also happened last winter once, but caused a lot of erosion by the time we find it is happening. We HAVE INTERIOR water and no other signs of busted pipes due to freezing, so we think it MUST have been a 'third party' as the faucet handle was actually turned all the way... We have since removed the handles, but wanted to know if there was a more rational explanation than a @#$%$#^% kid who has too much time on their hands...???? :mad:

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
It's not even vandalism because there is no permanent damage.

I can probably come up some way to catch this person using wires, switches, sensors, etc.

If you want the police to pay attention ask if you can use "deadly force" when you catch the guy. They'd hate to do the paperwork associated with that kind of a dustup.
That's what I did when I set the trap for somebody who was letting the air out of my then girl friend's tires.

Last edited:

NPMSTR

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.prier.com
Remove the handle from the valve, if it happens again, it is probably not kids. You will then have to look at solutions in your house...what type of valve is it? What is the pressure inside your house?

Good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks