Toilet in ERROR i really need help with this one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Ok, so I have a task for whoever thinks they are up to it. I purchased two Cadet 3 Flowise toilets. They were both working absolutely fine. Until I woke up at 3 in the morning listening to a bubble gurgling sound. The toilet was actually bubbling and when I flushed it filled all the way up. Now I know what you are thinking CLOG. Nope wrong. both I and a pro plumber used and inspection snake on both toilets and both vents to see nothing is this a defect in the toilets? It really get bad when taking a shower and flushing the opposite toilet. Here is a video I made call Toilet In ERROR and some pictures seem like is waste in the toilet. There is not I don't know if it is a glaze or what. Please help the smell is bad. Side not Septic was also pumped because this made me think it was fully. and both toilets are completely level. Enjoy "Toilets In ERROR" hope you can help.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
April fool's was yesterday dude. There is no way for a toilet to fill to the rim unless there is something blocking the trap way. It is physically impossible.

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
I am not joking

April fool's was yesterday dude. There is no way for a toilet to fill to the rim unless there is something blocking the trap way. It is physically impossible.

Maybe its air or something because I ran an inspection camera down there myself and so did a plumber he told me he does not know that its some fluke.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Are the toilets mounted back-to-back? If so, what fitting was used?

I picked this up from your comment about flushing the "opposite toilet".

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Oh, no they are on different ends of the house but if I flush the one far away from the septic the closer one bubbles then drains same if I am in the shower away from the septic.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Without knowing how the DWV in the home is layed out, we would only be guessing. There is one thing that is for sure, and that is that the new toilets are not the cause of the problem.

joemcl

In the Trades
Reaction score
It sounds as if main drain is blocked,before it gets to septic. If you flush opposite toilet and the other toilet fills. The waste has nowhere else to go. Is your shower backing up as well?

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Not exactly

It sounds as if main drain is blocked,before it gets to septic. If you flush opposite toilet and the other toilet fills. The waste has nowhere else to go. Is your shower backing up as well?

Well the bathtub and shower do not backup but they do may a gargling sound. Especially when either toilet is flushed.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Each trap should be vented. Gurgling sometimes implies one of a couple of things: there is a main line (partial) clog, or the vent could be blocked. If it is installed improperly, that can happen, especially if you've been plunging a toilet. Could be a bird's nest, a trapped squirrel, or something plugging the vent. Might need a trip to the roof or someone with a good snake. How long since the tank was pumped?

Cameron Fields

Undergraduate
Reaction score
Each trap should be vented. Gurgling sometimes implies one of a couple of things: there is a main line (partial) clog, or the vent could be blocked. If it is installed improperly, that can happen, especially if you've been plunging a toilet. Could be a bird's nest, a trapped squirrel, or something plugging the vent. Might need a trip to the roof or someone with a good snake. How long since the tank was pumped?

About a week the I paid and extra 65$ for them to blow the lines clean I don't know if the vent pipe was covered probably just the main line. This weekend I will get on the roof and try to snake it out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks